Late Stage GOP Fascists Events 🖕🏾🍊🤡 (Part 4)

9 Likes
11 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

The Daughters of the Confederacy were a key group in spreading the lost cause mythos that supported the rise of Jim Crow and segregation more generally…

12 Likes

In his lawsuit against the ADL, McClanahan described himself as a “pro-white man”. McClanahan wrote that he is not a member of the Ku Klux Klan; he said he merely received an honorary one-year membership in the white supremacist terrorism organization. And he said he attended a “private religious Christian identity cross lighting ceremony falsely described as a cross burning.

well. that clears things right up then.

12 Likes

Clears it up just fine, he’s a KKK member.

17 Likes

Translation: “No no no, I did not join the Ku Klux Klan. I’m just so racist that they went out of their way to seek me out and offer me a special membership because of how impressed they were by how racist I am, even by their standards. Which I accepted, because I am extremely racist.”

18 Likes

Unless it’s loudly rejected, maybe with a punch in the face, an honorary Ku Klux Klan member is like being an ironic goat-fucker.

11 Likes

cross lighting ceremony falsely described as a cross burning

…So how did they light the cross, Darrell?

14 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty sure they aren’t stringing those things up with festive colored lightbulbs.

If Rockerfeller Center kicked off the holiday season each year by turning a 90-foot-tall Norway Spruce into a raging bonfire then most everyone would call it a “tree burning” instead of a “tree lighting.”

12 Likes

Reporter David Peisner recounted the events of the interview with the musician, real name Bob Ritchie, that spanned over two hours at his home just outside Nashville, writing that it began cordially enough before Rock got “drunk and belligerent” and sent the evening “off the rails” as the two argued over Donald Trump and immigration.

Rock called immigrants “murderers” and “rapists,” incendiary talking points touted by Trump during his presidency, before he allegedly reached behind the seat of his leather chair to pull “out a black handgun” and waved it around “to make some sort of point,” Peisner wrote in the profile of the Rock published Sunday.

12 Likes
12 Likes

Well, he’s right. Except the lesson to be learned is don’t do that. Somehow i am thinking that’s not what he meant, though.

10 Likes

One of my brother-in-law‘s claims to fame is that he broke up a fight Kid Rock started in the middle of a racist tirade at an exclusive club function.

Rock earned himself a lifetime ban while the person who invited him was given a one-year suspension (during which he had to continue paying some very substantial club dues).

8 Likes
7 Likes

No comment as to whether that was the same incident.

Let’s just say that in the story I heard everyone present was of the opinion that Kid Rock was being a vile, drunken, racist ass.

I see from that link that Kid Rock is a frequent guest on Rogan. Yet another data point affirming my dislike of Rogan, I guess.

13 Likes

His campaign may not have created it but he posted it just the same.

8 Likes

I am in that club, and I didn’t even want to know Rogan had a dang podcast, etc.

It’s just that he’s really popular among a certain [large] swathe swath of Texans. At some point a few years in, I finally figured out (based on talking points that all seemed to be very similar) who the Rogan fanatics were. And guess what? Once Elno moved to Texas, most of 'em turned into Elno fanatics as well.

Who could have predicted that? /s

ETA:

swath vs swathe

fer Pete’s sake
:woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

I know this isn’t “GOP Fascist Events” but I still think it’s relevant to this thread:

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

ETA:

WTAF: there’s no way we can be joking about TFG’s intentions, his post obviously having every resemblance to Anschluß (among other crazy wrong things).

7 Likes

Speaking of Kid Rock being a racist fuckwit, he found a way to turn a Cybertruck into an even more ridiculous douchemobile than it already is:

10 Likes

“Good sense?” Yeah, I suspect that is not the explanation…

11 Likes