Late Stage GOP Fascists Events 🖕🏾🍊🤡 (Part 4)

Don’t think of it as a U-Turn, think of it as a short-term life insurance policy.

4 Likes

Exactly, her only complaint about Trumpy is his crudeness. If he was polite, she’d be all for him.

3 Likes

She basically always has been for him. Haley was “anti-Trump” only in the same sense that Kamala Harris was “anti-Biden.” She only emphasized their policy differences when she was trying to win the party nomination, and once she lost she continued to support the party platform and candidate as she always had before. (Of course in the GOP’s case the party’s platform and candidate are one and the same).

The media tried to make her out as some kind of principled moral compass for the Republican Party, but if such an animal ever existed it is long extinct now.

7 Likes

I think John Wilkes Booth might have shot it.

6 Likes

Speaking of the Lincoln Theater…

:man_shrugging:

Carry on …

4 Likes

Point of order: Lincoln was shot in Ford’s Theatre. Lincoln Theatre was built in 1922, almost 60 years after Lincoln’s death.

But if anyone had ever tried to assassinate President Ford that would have been the most ironic place to do so.

8 Likes

I know this is a complete tangent, but welcome to the Harold Holt Memorial Swimming Pool.

(Harold Holt, Prime Minister of Australia, died by drowning off the coast of Victoria in 1967, and his body was never found. So of course we named a swimming pool after him.)

14 Likes

Try this one on for size:

President Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln which is now housed at the Ford museum.

12 Likes
13 Likes

:thinking: Why do I get the feeling that there’s no public money GOP candidates and pols won’t try to turn into private money?

Rich Get Richer Make America Great Again GIF by Creative Courage

13 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes

Looks like he’s appropriating public airwaves too.

Evidence for these PCP candidates’ membership in the People’s Rights Network (PRN) group People’s Rights Oregon 5 (PRO5), and the coordinated nature of their political campaign, comes in part from dozens of hours of their conversations on a radio network set up by and for PRN members. These conversations were intercepted and recorded by an amateur radio operator who provided them to the Guardian.

2020:

8 Likes

I guess that may be good news as long as he doesn’t get any of the money himself… those Sandy Hook families have been waiting far too long to get any of that money that asshole owes them.

7 Likes
11 Likes

It’s infuriating that they don’t get paid before AJ’s fucking lawyers, though. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

14 Likes

For sure.

3 Likes
13 Likes

By this time, I’ve long since quit drinking, but Ritchie has exchanged his white wine for Jim Beam and Diet Coke. He proceeds to drain at least three or four of them in pretty quick succession. He’s sitting in a dark leather chair, shouting at me about something or other, when he reaches behind the seat, pulls out a black handgun, and waves it around to make some sort of point.
“And I got a fucking goddamn gun right here if I need it!” he shouts. “I got them everywhere!”

When the video ends, I stand up to go, but he wants to watch another one. And then another one after that. This goes on for more than half an hour — me telling him I need to leave, him insisting on watching just one more video, all while goading me into arguments about Gaza, Trump, whatever. He pulls an acoustic guitar off the wall and plays along with shaky fan footage of himself performing “Maggie May.” I start to wonder if I’ll ever get home. Finally, I pick up my backpack.
“OK, I’m out.”
Ritchie shakes his head. “You’ll just stay over.”
“I can’t. I really have to go.”
“All right. This is the last one we’ll watch.”
“No, the last one was the last one.”
“This one is the final final. That’s what my dad used to say, the final final.”
“I’ve got to go.”
“You can’t get anywhere without me.”
“I’ve got legs. I can make it up the hill. I’m leaving.”
I start walking toward the door.
“Sit down.”
“No.”
“One more and that’s it.”
“You said that 10 fucking minutes ago!”
“Final final. You haven’t even asked me about my jewelry.”
He shoves his hands toward me. He’s got heavily jeweled rings on two fingers. One says “D,” the other “KR.”

God he’s so fucking lonely.

12 Likes

Good.

19 Likes