Late Stage GOP Fascists Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก (Part 4)

Iโ€™m sure the IRS could check it out for us. :smiling_imp:

9 Likes

Just discussed this with a conservative Xtian in my office. His response was kinda predictable. โ€œThat is not a position I have ever heard any Christian take. I guess you can always find a nutcase.โ€ But this one is supported by the school board! โ€œI guess you can always find a nutso school board.โ€ At some point, the โ€œnutsโ€ are running the joint, dontcha think? Heโ€™s a nice guy, and I do like him, but he is very comfortable in his silo, and really does not like info from outside it leaking in. I suspect this is the case for a lot of them.

11 Likes

It looks that way. Registered as a business entity Revolution City Church - not listed in the Texas Non Profit State Registry.

9 Likes

OpenCorporates has it as a Domestic Nonprofit Corporation, but Iโ€™m not sure where they sourced that from.

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_tx/0805275154

4 Likes

The Texas Comptroller lists it as a taxable entity.

Perhaps it updated its filing status and used to be a nonprofit?

8 Likes

https://www.wlrn.org/arts-culture/2024-06-25/arts-funding-desantis-veto-florida

Gov. Ron DeSantis last week vetoed cultural and museum grants secured from state legislators, forcing established organizations scrambling to prevent staff layoffs, cuts to programming or ceasing operations altogether, non-profit leaders told WLRN.
He signed into law a $116.5 billion budget for the upcoming fiscal year, after vetoing close to $950 million โ€” including the arts funding โ€” in spending approved by lawmakers in March.

The arts is all woke, man!!

14 Likes

31bAh+xfHtL.AC

14 Likes

that headline seems to undersell. it sounds like there are basically no state grants now. the only ones getting money are some few pet projects associated with specific legislators. :exploding_head:

โ€œIn 2019, the grant program was cut down to about 2 million [dollars] for the entire state and that was one of our lowest funding for the grant program,โ€ she added. โ€œBut I donโ€™t think historically they have ever been cut down to zero. So it was definitely a surprise for us in the industry.โ€

8 Likes

โ€ฆand thatโ€™s how you deal with an intense grilling from conservatives

20 Likes

Love it. Just very calmly and factually, โ€œhere is where you are lying and why.โ€ And slapping away every attempt to gish gallop him. I love that guy!

13 Likes

And heโ€™s a good age: old enough to have experience, young enough to not be accused of โ€˜dodderingโ€™ or โ€˜dementiaโ€™. Wouldnโ€™t that be great to have more of in our countryโ€™s leadership?

The next generation of political leadership already exists. We donโ€™t have to keep 70- and 80-somethings in office. There are better choices.

11 Likes

God damn, Perryโ€™s face at the end of thatโ€ฆ Excellent work, mr. Secretary!

12 Likes

He runs an agency with a budget of $70 billion.

No slouch.

10 Likes

18 Likes

11 Likes

Right? Thatโ€™s a face that basically says, โ€œWell shit, I tried my damnedest but I gotta admit, you won.โ€ :laughing:

8 Likes
13 Likes

from that article, apparently a lot of the money comes from this originally.

1.6 billion from a single person. all untaxed. all to attack things like affirmative action, voting rights, and trans rights

remind me again why we allow people to accumulate billions of dollars? :confused:

17 Likes

Because if we suddenly didnโ€™t, youโ€™d lose your chance to accumulate your own. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

13 Likes
12 Likes