Latest Trump publicity shot looks like scene from The Omen

They look so lifeless. Sigh.

11 Likes

“So… we just stand here right? Is this what people do in church? They stand a lot. Remember standing and sitting. I guess we will just stand.”

I bet his ego wouldn’t allow him to actually KNEEL. You would think they would at least pretend to pray.

This whole thing sickens me. I mean… I am I already couldn’t stand the guy, but his religion as propaganda acts are just stomach churning. Where is a Jew with whip in the temple when you really need one? :confused:

6 Likes

At least he wasn’t holding the Bible upside down this time. Not that it helps all that much in making it less sinister or awkward…

Well, if there’s any sort of memorial wreath, he always gropes that, too. So he figures something’s supposed to happen with that, but isn’t sure what, so he treats it exactly like a frat boy from an '80s teen comedy treats a breast. (It’s consistent and actually downright disturbing.)

How the fuck? I mean, Trump literally had the priests of that church attacked and run off so he could stand outside it.

I wonder if she’s thinking: “He’s gone off the rails, I’ll never be able to show my face in polite society again…” or just “These are serious times and if I’m photographed smiling, I’ll get crucified for it.”

Hell, the whole thing where he would barge into the Miss Teen USA pageant dressing rooms so he could see some naked 15 year olds. That’s all acknowledged, public-knowledge stuff. We don’t even have to get into the lawsuit over the accusation he raped a 13 year old girl, etc. I continue to be amazed that anyone is trying the “Biden is a sex offender/senile” line when nothing he’s accused of is any worse than what Trump has done in public.

8 Likes

And Jared himself resembling Damien so much.

4 Likes

According to ex-friend, everyone who got attacked was a thug rioter who had been there the night before trying to burn down the White House. So it was, in his twisted view, fair punishment for “returning to the scene of the crime.”

7 Likes

There’s never a bad time to renew your vows. They’re glowing

3 Likes

You’ve made a pretty big assumption…
Do you think that it’s his ego that would prevent him from kneeling given that
he can’t stand or sit.

4 Likes

The latest attempt to control Trump’s image. Dragging a clearly unhappy Melania to religious sites to awkwardly stand around. Pathetic.

1 Like

Trump in a church, you say?

15 Likes

(heh! poop emoji! *** snork *** )

8 Likes

I don’t think it’s a botox failure. I don’t know how it is called, but it’s exactly the same thing that happened to Muammar Gaddafi in his later years:

1 Like

Even the priests? Yikes, that some justifyin’ he’s doing.

2 Likes

Hence “ex” friend. We have barely spoken in four years and I had little remaining affection for him, but still I had been giving the benefit of the doubt all this time. This was the last flaming, shit-soaked straw.

8 Likes

Not even God showed up for this publicity/propaganda shot.

1 Like

When the former televangelist is condemning your actions…man, that’s just low.

3 Likes

Well at least they have the sacred big macs on either side of the altar.

1 Like

Also, I’m no expert, but this looks like an Orthodox facility, something eastern European.

I see what you mean, but it’s the St. John Paul II National Shrine in DC.

I see they found the need to put up a statement on the website in a pop-up:

6/2/2020 – Many are aware of a presidential visit to the Saint John Paul II National Shrine today. Here is a statement from the Shrine: “The White House originally scheduled this as an event for the president to sign an executive order on international religious freedom. This was fitting given Saint John Paul II was a tireless advocate of religious liberty throughout his pontificate. International religious freedom receives widespread bipartisan support, including unanimous passage of legislation in defense of persecuted Christians and religious minorities around the world. The Shrine welcomes all people to come and pray and learn about the legacy of Saint John Paul II.”

9 Likes

It’s actually from Meliana’s twitter feed, which is often a source of photos that are a little off.

There’s a picture in there of her genuinely smiling at a nun.

11 Likes

While mosaics have that kind of aesthetics, crucifix in Orthodox church would look different:

I’ve been in an Orthodox church only a few times, but it looked very different:

There are only Greek and Eastern Orthodox crosses there. There are also icons, which are very important to Orthodox faith.
And here’s the photo of the outside:

Not really. Eastern Orthodox faith is a minority in Slovenia (only 2.2% of population).

3 Likes

Yeah, someone gave me some links yesterday which I refuse to read, because they are bound to give me nightmares, but which I happily pass on to you guys…

(Ok, those I read. That’s the reason why I did not read the rest:)
Imgur

Didn’t read the “comments”, was told many agree:

Won’t watch. Was told this was “his spiritual advisor”.

The Omen doesn’t even begin to describe the problem here.

Also, from your link, @mcsnee:

She comes from Pentecostal background, and she started speaking in tongues. I haven’t heard her speak in tongues in years

Yeah. Just had someone mention Snow Crash on the other topic. Finished that book some weeks ago.

45 speaking in tongues would make an interesting State of the Union address. And I don’t mean that in a positive way.

10 Likes