Lauren Boebert desperately searches phone for her own amendment as she stalls House debate (video)

Originally published at: Lauren Boebert desperately searches phone for her own amendment as she stalls House debate (video) | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Animated GIF

6 Likes

So there are no hard copies of amendments being considered?

No aids nearby with her notes?

Maybe if she was doing her job she’d be prepared.

7 Likes

She can’t even remember the number of her own amendment or what the job title is that she wants to have defunded so much she “wrote” an amendment about it? She didn’t think it would be prudent to have it up on her tablet by the time she got to the podium to talk about it?

Why was she wasting anyone else’s time with it at all if she can’t even be bothered to spend her own time on it? Tedious.

7 Likes

She’s a stooge. Someone else wrote it, she’s just delivering it.

14 Likes

Ding ding ding! The far right is currently attempting to completely dismantle the administrative state. These kinds of amendments are part of that. Boebert couldn’t define the administrative state if she had a month to prepare. Someone from the Heritage Foundation or some similar group probably wrote the amendment and talking points for her, and then she couldn’t find it. She can’t adlib because she doesn’t have the foggiest idea what it’s all about.

11 Likes

I’ve had underprepared students show up to class with their homework on their phones before but none of those people were expecting to be on C-SPAN.

5 Likes

This was the working title for that sequel to “The Rural Juror”, right?

3 Likes

i thought that too. if she wrote it, she should at least be able to paraphrase it off the cuff. and as @tcg550 mentioned, when giving a speech a hard copy is your friend.

2 Likes

True. Honestly though, if she read it she should be able to paraphrase it too!

4 Likes

I don’t get it. Is this an amendment to the budget that they need to get passed this week? They are trying to reduce the budget one employee/position at a time? Seriously, what is this actually about?

1 Like

Here’s a little more.

A House debate on the 2024 Agriculture and FDA Spending bill was stalled on Wednesday after Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) struggled to find her own amendment on her phone.

After Boebert was recognized on the House floor to discuss her amendment to “reduce the salary of the Deputy Under Secretary of the Food and Nutrition Service of the Department of Agriculture, Stacy Dean, to $1,” the camera panned to the congresswoman and showed her looking down at her phone.

2 Likes

So, one article says she was targeting Department of Defense official Shawn Skelly. Another just says “depurary” secretary (of what?). Now you say, Deputy Under Secretary of the Food and Nutrition Service of the Department of Agriculture, Stacy Dean. So, she IS going through them one by one? WTF?

1 Like

Probably ALEC:

They are responsible for some of the worst modern legislation…

5 Likes

ALEC was co-founded by conservative activist Paul Weyrich, who also co-founded The Heritage Foundation

Tomato tomahto

4 Likes

Talking The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

At some point, we’re gonna finally figure out this all comes from one bigoted asshole in his mom’s basement…

5 Likes

So if someone hacks her phone will she just blindly support what it says?

2 Likes

What kills me is you don’t even have to do any research or investigative reporting to uncover this stuff. They’re all operating out in the open and being very transparent about what they want to do (see the Project 2025 video I posted somewhere yesterday), and the mainstream media is just letting it all go as if it’s politics as usual.

3 Likes

Yep… that’s the real problem with the mainstream media…

Marc Maron Rage GIF by IFC

4 Likes

The hog ate her homework?

1 Like