Lauren Boebert goes ballistic, shouting at former Twitter employees: "Who the hell do you think you are!?" (video)

Maybe something along the lines of, “Aparently, Twitter users just aren’t into you.”

Dance Dancing GIF by amuse

17 Likes

It wasn’t a serious question

Everybody in the room knew who they were

She was trying to bait them into saying something dumb that would get her some headlines

They shouldn’t respond to bullshit outbursts at all

16 Likes

If I had the skill, I’d edit that gif of the little girl throwing a tantrum and flailing on the ground to give her glasses and an assault rifle in each fist, and bingo, entitled Boe-Boe screeching her dismay. I doubt it would only end up getting used once, unfortunately.

5 Likes

Clown show Congressional committee meeting #2. This time the Republicans clowned themselves. Congresswoman Boebert should not have allowed her inner Roland Freisler to come out like that. It’s a bad look.

5 Likes

I thought it was God Bless Elon Musk?

They turn on each other pretty quick.

11 Likes

“We had something like 200 million mDAUs even after our constant efforts to take out the trash. Who are you, user?”

6 Likes

I’m sure they’d be happy to offer her a full refund.

“If you don’t feel you got your money’s worth…”

13 Likes

Neither Twitter 2.0 nor the Republican Party have a functioning QA department.

Coincidence?

14 Likes

Why are fascists so obsessed with Twitter? I have managed perfectly fine without it

9 Likes

Because they’ve had great success organizing and radicalizing people on it, so when they actually started to crack down on fascists, they pushed back.

22 Likes

She is a petulant teenager. “You’re Ruining My Liiiiiiife!” An idiot with a bad attitude. And now center stage. Sheesh.

7 Likes

The fascist propaganda guideline is “simplify and repeat”. A platform that limits posts length to 280 characters is well suited to that rule, especially in combination with the Big Lie tactic.

Beyond that, it’s another centralised social media platform that was run (is run again) by a free speech absolutist. Its algorithm is (was … is again) designed to surface the most outrageous tweets for maximum engagement to drive ad revenue.

All of which is why you and I are not users, but fascists like Boebert are.

13 Likes

Propaganda is one hella drug for fascist assholes.

9 Likes

Well he could just get up and leave … what are the consequences of that?

And in response to "who the hell do you think that you are? I’d ask ‘is that a rhetorical question designed to make a political point or would you like me to answer that, because the answer is that I work for a private company that has the freedom to conduct its business as it sees fit, within the law’

ETA or just ‘please tell me which law Twitter broke when it banned you’ (while texting underlings to ban her again, RIGHT NOW)

13 Likes

In the U.S., you’re only allowed to refuse to show up at a Congessional hearing or get up and leave it without real consequence if you’re a fascist. For everyone else, it’s contempt of Congress charges and roasting on Faux News.

18 Likes

Hmmm. Pot/kettle, shoe/other foot, etc.

5 Likes

Perhaps she’s “Tired and emotional.”

4 Likes

Too much to hope that a music fight breaks out, and she’d be unlikely to throw herself in the Potomac in the end.

5 Likes

How about a grown-ass adult who’s a fascist.

Let’s stop acting like this is just people being ignorant or immature, rather than willfully destructive. It’s time that we stop giving them excuses like that and just accept that they are here to destroy the country and rebuild it in their preferred way. They know what they are doing and they have an end goal. They are not ignorant, or petulant children, or stupid, etc…

31 Likes

Let’s do a compare and contrast:

Kids, what rhetorical tools were deployed to bring across the respective interlocutor’s points? Who was, in your opinion, more effective and why?

13 Likes