Lauren Boebert goes ballistic, shouting at former Twitter employees: "Who the hell do you think you are!?" (video)

This. Infatilalizing evil women is dangerous :see_no_evil:

10 Likes

Also, really fucking insulting to so many teenage girls who are awesome-sauce human beings. But apparently, they are all universally mean girls who bully others… I mean, who the fuck do people think gets bullied by those teenage mean girl stereotypes… OTHER TEENAGE GIRLS… ask me how I know… :grimacing:

21 Likes

Yeah it really sucks… the one asshole gets power and fame while 99.9 percent of actual teenage girls get the backlash before they can even vote. I guess the role of fascist women is to justify the oppression of the rest of us.

13 Likes

I Mean Come On GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

And it’s just assumed that an actual fascist is just an immature little girl, and not a grown-ass adult making a choice to embrace evil.

9 Likes

That index finger.

1 Like

Congresswoman Lauren Boebert introduced the Exposing Lewd Outlay for social Networking companies Act.

Get it? The Elon Act.

8 Likes

"…which Rep. Kweisi Mfume (D-Md.) described as “getting awfully close to witness intimidation,”

Fortunately, Boebert could never cross that line, as she is completely lacking in the intimidation factor. If she were to throw her usual tizzy-fit in my presence, I would be hard-pressed to no burst out laughing my ass off.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Whether or not as an individual she’s a threat is hardly the point. The POINT is that she, and others of her ideology currently have a major grip on the GOP, and are looking to bring about as much pain and suffering as they can to their “enemies”. You shouldn’t care about Boebert because she’s threatening as an individual… you should care because of what she (and the movement she’s a part of) represents and how far they’ve managed to get into power.

16 Likes

How about you don’t shame sex workers?

21 Likes

How about we don’t shit on sex workers… FFS.

The problem with Boebert is that she’s a fascists and is pushing a fascist agenda. It’s not that she is acting like a teen girl, or is a joke, or a bad at running a restaurant, or might have been a sex worker. It’s that she’s a fascist in power who is working on getting her movement’s agenda actualized.

We really should keep our eyes on the prize here and stop pulling out every misogynistic trope in the book to dismiss this woman.

Jinx…

coca cola yes GIF by The Coca-Cola Company

22 Likes

You seem to have forgotten that she’s probably packing heat on the House floor, now that they’ve removed the magnetometers.

14 Likes

If “Twitter staff” has so much tea to drop, why aren’t they testifying?

It took me a few minutes to figure out that “fascist twitter 1.0” is what she calls Twitter pre-Elon, and not some group or account she has a personal relationship to.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Christ, I wish she were silent.

1 Like

Yeh, I have to admit as well that she’s hard to take seriously individually, if only there wasn’t a whole clown car of these people wrecking havoc.

1 Like

That shadow ban? It was a freaking JOKE!

So apparently when a web site publishes leaks that are damaging to figures on the left, it’s all high fives and “free speech you guys lol!”, but if a web site decides not to amplify an emerging and totally sketchy news story it’s “omg censorship!”

7 Likes

Given that (I’m pretty sure) “shadow ban” isn’t an official term in the Twitter policies manual, the question comes across like the old, “have you stopped bouncing checks yet, yes or no” kind of gotcha question. There’s no good answer.
I wish the witnesses had asked her to clarify what she meant by “shadow ban” before answering.
Or, given that you can only be held in contempt for lying, or for refusing to answer questions “pertinent to the hearing,” maybe they could’ve asked what this had to do with the topic of the hearing?
Not saying I’d do any better, but they seemed kind of unprepared, at least for this bit.
Regardless, Boebert is a monster. I look forward to the day when we can safely forget about her. May it come in my lifetime.

12 Likes

“Are you asking us, or telling us?”

3 Likes