Lauren Boebert riles up a crowd: "You and I are going to take this country back!"

“What is the love you are showing people?”

I get that they are all old testament types, but really, they are the side for showing love to people?

“Because I’m tired of having brother-marrying, violence-inciting, Chinese spy simping…terrorist supporting, Israel hating … commies wreck this country!!”

This sounds like a line from Alice’s Restaurant. I will then reply “You can get anything you want at Alice’s Restaurant” and walk back out.

7 Likes

“I am tired of having Godless people who hate America run this country!"

Well shit lady, quit then! That’ll go some way to solving the problem.

11 Likes

2 Likes

“You and I are going to take this country back!”

Jesus Christ, you damned people have run the country off the rails since its founding. The fuck you mean “take it back?” You never fucking lost it, you racist, sexist, christo-fascist terrorists.

17 Likes

Back to a time when women couldn’t vote or hold office?

9 Likes

Back to a time when actual leopards ate the proper faces.

6 Likes

Historical pieces about FDR or JFK aside, certainly not since 2020. Obama was an inspiring speaker, but his nickname “No Drama Obama” reflected his aversion to rabble-rousing.

Faced with an opposition party that’s been taken over by fascist death cultists, we could use some old-fashioned fighting liberalism. However, the current party establishment is too complicated to recognise the gravity of the threat, even after 6 January.

4 Likes

I thank God for the likes of Lauren Boebert and her ilk. Because of people like her, for the first time in my life, I know how the Native people of this great land felt when seeing the first wypipo. Some people just unintentionally push our bubbles into tunnels.

Screw her. I’m smoking my parmigiana anytime I feel like it.

South Park Cartman GIF

2 Likes

Why would we expose a Dem leader to a crowd right now? Let them have arenas, stadiums, and toxic party venues. I hate that they’re causing collateral damage, but I’d be pissed to see someone with any sense or ability to help the cause of democracy go down like that!

6 Likes

That book is terrifying isn’t it? And somehow, - despite the fact we all knew Trump was a dangerous, cruel, stupid, ignorant, crude, repulsive, sexually-incontinent monster - it still surprises me that he was actually worse than I imagined.

7 Likes

I am 100% expecting an armed rebellion in the next few years. If Trump or whoever the GQP puts up for president in 2024 loses they will initiate some attempt at reversing the vote, voiding the results, and some kind of attack on state houses in any close state that doesn’t go their way. “Battleground state” will have a whole new meaning.

4 Likes

I care so little about what they think. I’m sick of them trying to bring us back to 1890 or so.

In some places they could, such as in Utah as early as the 1870s. Some states let women vote prior to the 19th amendment being passed. It was tied up in the history of Mormon Polygamy, too:

9 Likes

There’s the minor little detail that you can’t take something back when it was never yours in the first place.

1 Like

As usual, what more shocking than what a f-cking idiot she is is:
she was elected, by a majority of her constituents, being openly such a f-cking idiot.

No no no. Just back to the late 1930s, is all. You wont even notice it!

-–

(Uh, what’s with “Parmigian-smoking”? Is this a thing? Is Reggiano the good stuff?)

She + Hitler = Shitler

What I’m trying to say is that she’s trying to channel something.

I find it somewhat amusing (as a former gun guy, now an observer from the other side of the pond) that the right seems to think that the left isn’t just as heavily armed as the right is. The left just doesn’t foam at the mouth about it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.