Lauren Boebert takes racist aim at Ilhan Omar while exposing her stupid side again (video)

I remember when he was in the news back then. I’m sad to read about his final years.

4 Likes

A dodocahedron, as it were.

9 Likes

I once believed that having to contend with a classical education UK-style (ex: learning Greek and Latin) in order to be considered for professional entrance into higher government posts, medicine, the law, etc., was more than a bit too much and unnecessary. Not anymore. I see now how such education (however lampooned by, for example, the Monty Python troupe) acted as sort of a sieve of a type that would have left Boebert where she truly belongs. Am I an elitist for believing that idiots should not be given power over anyone? I don’t think so. And if only there was a similar built-in sieve but one that separates out US university high achievers who happen to be dangerous sociopaths.

4 Likes

One obvious problem with that model is that an education which extols Greco/Roman culture as the apex of human civilization reinforces a white supremacist view of history.

9 Likes

No argument there; I was talking about language only. Gotta learn irregular Latin verbs… or you can’t be a PM!! :wink:

4 Likes

Or at least some regular ones…stare comes to mind.

8 Likes

Ye gods, I look fwd to the day I no longer hafta hear about barbie and its ilk.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure actual Barbies, with their empty plastic skulls, are more thoughtful and reasoned than Boebert has shown herself capable. They’re literal airheads and she’s still worse.

4 Likes

I used to go all up in my little sister’s Barbie doll’s face all the time: “Why do you get loads and loads of accessories while my GI Joe gets near to squat!” :wink:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.