Lauren Boebert tells her MAGA mob to disrupt flights, even if it gets them kicked off a plane

Originally published at: Lauren Boebert tells her MAGA mob to disrupt flights, even if it gets them kicked off a plane | Boing Boing

6 Likes

she knows there’s more of us than of them right? because I’ll bully right back motherfucking babies!

23 Likes

I don’t want to watch that but can someone tell me the WHY of bullying anyone - flight attendants or school principals? Like “If they ask you to do X then make a stand!” What is X in this equation?

38 Likes

That kind of incitement to commit felonies should put her on the top of the No Fly list.

Enjoy your drive to Colorado!

52 Likes

Yes, put her on the no-fly list and see if that doesn’t shut her up

28 Likes

It’s a form of stochastic terrorism. If she or someone who cites her as an inspiration gets arrested for the behaviour she’s promoting, I guarantee you she’ll be whinging about how unfair it is for her to face consequences.

40 Likes

answer the call to what? your right not to put the tray in an upright position? this is an incoherent rant and it sounds like she prepared her remarks in the car on the way over. did anyone in that crowd understand a word she said?

23 Likes

Pretty sure that this song was sung as soon as she stopped talking: Tomorrow belongs to me - Cabaret - YouTube

12 Likes

source

18 U.S. Code § 2101 - Riots

(a) Whoever travels in interstate or foreign commerce or uses any facility of interstate or foreign commerce, including, but not limited to, the mail, telegraph, telephone, radio, or television, with intent—

(1) to incite a riot; or

(2) to organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on a riot; or

(3) to commit any act of violence in furtherance of a riot; or

(4) to aid or abet any person in inciting or participating in or carrying on a riot or committing any act of violence in furtherance of a riot; and who either during the course of any such travel or use or thereafter performs or attempts to perform any other overt act for any purpose specified in subparagraph (A), (B), (C), or (D) of this paragraph— [1]

Shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

24 Likes

It doesn’t matter. “X” could be sitting down or stowing their luggage or not urinating on the passenger next to them; what matters is saying “no” because that’s all that the GOP has ever done well and it’s the kind of simple policy position their ideologicallysimplistic constituents can color with their own grievances. Looking for sense or intelligence from Boebert and company is like panning for gold in the Sahara. It might be there, but you’ll probably die before you find it.

29 Likes

Children’s children?

That’s a little close to her home.

19 Likes

…or if the flight attendants kick me off the plane.

Cue Boebert having a melt down when she finds she is on a no-fly list.

@KathyPartdeux and @Tod_Westlake

I guess that they are unlikely to be armed; making bullying safer?

20 Likes
11 Likes

Good move. I see rail is having a “boom” time.

3 Likes

Yeah. “Family values” like her 17 year old song getting a 14 year old girl pregnant, but it’s OK, because “She’s 15 years old NOW.”. Yikes, these people have ZERO self-awareness.

22 Likes

Let me echo the call:

PUT HER ON THE NO FLY LIST, PERMANENTLY.

30 Likes

Okay…enjoy driving cross country.

14 Likes

She has been answering the call all over public discourse ever since we first heard from her.

10 Likes

Since when is that an issue? The crowd knows what they want to hear, Boebert’s mouth moves, mission accomplished.

11 Likes

And since the first picture from that video (which I admittedly haven’t watched) shows what appears to be a campaign rally, I suspect the Speech or Debate Clause doesn’t apply (even though she’d probably argue it does.)

I’m not a lawyer but it might not apply even if she’d made that statement in Congress, since inciting a riot sure sounds like it counts as “Treason, Felony, [or] Breach of the Peace” which are the exceptions to that clause.

13 Likes