Lawsuit: homophobic Hawaii cop arrested women for kissing in public

Oh, come on, everyone knows that lesbians are public property of horny men, not, like, real human beings with civil rights and stuff! /s

10 Likes

Comic Sans? Papyrus?

I know one Foodland in Pupukea, as we shop there when we visit the North Shore. The people here seem pretty mellow and this store is close to Sunset Beach.

Now this is where it gets confusing because the North Shore is everything from Kaena Point (northern side of point) to Laie, WHICH is where BYU Hawaii is located and where I’m sure another Foodland is located. Mormons definitely do not like the homosexual lifestyle and if this was the Foodland in question (in Laie) I can understand why the Spirit of Aloha was lacking.

Just a sidenote, but the Polynesian Cultural Center is in the same town (Laie) and is run by…Church of LDS.

2 Likes

I read Church of LSD. And was sad when I realised my mistake.

12 Likes

I know, huh? Church of LSD would be awesome!

3 Likes

Right? Brain damage be damned. (Not much left anyway)

1 Like

Yes, it is very strange. Outside of a few pockets of nuttery we’re pretty live-and-let-live in Hawaii, and Foodland is a local chain known for being very community-spirited.

1 Like

There is no Aloha spirit in any of this story.

2 Likes

Fo sure!

For the longest it was only available on an out-of-print VHS, but it’s on Blu-Ray now.

2 Likes

Sartalics? Or sarcasm purple?

1 Like

I guess you’re unaware of how incredibly offensive that phrase is to sufferers of osteoporosis.

I accept your apology.

2 Likes

Which is the only reason, I think, that this is seeing any press and they are ‘looking into it’.

Honestly, I know it just because of social media and super hand computers that these stories are getting out there. I know they happened before but no-one ever heard about them. But, man, it is tiring, relentless. I guess it is a good thing, the sunlight will help end this seemingly endless racist, sexist, hateful, horrible behavior. Sometimes I just want to punch the world right in the throat.

7 Likes

Wingdings. All thoughtless trolling should be in wingdings.

5 Likes

You don’t get to decide that.

I hate to nitpick, but actually, they are the only person who can decide what is acceptable to them. And what society finds acceptable is the average of what each of us has decided to find acceptable. If they can’t decide that, then none of us can decide whether beating up and arresting people for PDAs (or even for existing, it seems) is unacceptable or not. What they can’t decide is what is acceptable for other people.

It may be clear in your own mind that you meant that they can’t decide for others, just as it may have been clear (or not) to themself that they meant acceptable to them; if so, you both missed the chance to make that clear to each other and everyone else reading your words, and risked unnecessarily hurt feelings and miscommunication. Worse, by not being clear to others, you risk not being clear in your own minds, and that can lead to all sorts of bad places.

Telling people what they ought to find acceptable is not something I, personally, find acceptable. Not that I’m going to beat you up for it.

the typeface my government is currently using for official announcement?

Y̶̡̝ͩo̫̥͓̞ͫ͗͢ū̖̱̏͟ ̭͔͎͂̂̇̚m̶̶͔̤̝̪̖̟͇͖̽͆̏́̒̔̋ͬͭ̀ě͇̯̙̱̞̗ͮ̎ͅa̡̺̣̙̬̲͕̗ͩͮ̄͜͠ṇ̷͔̺̳̤̪̲̇ͯ̽̇̓ͣ̓̒͘ ̞̟͇̤̝̫̦͕̭̊͋̄̽̕͘t͖̲͖̪̰̹͛̂ͦ͑̅ḫ̷̑̔ͪ̈̅̽̀iͥ͂̍ͧ̍͢҉͎̯̩̤ͅş̰͉̹͈̭̟̫ͬ̐̓̓̉ͪͪ̀ ̹ͮ̏ͮ̄̍͊̏͞ǒ̸̷͕̦͖̩̟̙̯̈́͠n̎͂ͫ̿͆̓̄̋͆͏̩͎̖̩ę̧̼̤̦͙̦̬̬͆̎ͧ?̷̠̗̥͊ͭ̑͝

͌ͨ̏͌̈҉̰̖̟̗ͅ
̴̴̰͇̭̱̭̗̹̘ͩͦ̉̊̈ͣ̾A̵̢̪͓ͯͦ̌ͬͪl̷͙͓̲̠͇̽̿̽̌ͫͫš̥̠̼̹̲̤ͬͪ͋̾ͫ̔o̢̜̹̬̻̰ͦ͝ ̡̮̟̜͙̭͎̯̬͛́̔̀@̛͇̼͎̱̋̋͊͒̋̐ͧ͛Ę̻̝̳͚̲͍̭̻̓͐̅̏͟͡ͅr̵̴̩̰̫͍͐ͨ̑̋ͬͬ͐̾̒i̸̻̣̗̱̮̣̠̎ͅc̼̠̿͂͗ͦͬͨ͞b͚̋̎̓,͖̮͖̱̋̓͠ ͙̭̳̥̼̯ͭ̑ͮ̈h̖̲̘͍̫̩̽ͩ̐͗ͫ͆̍̓̒́̕͟ͅe̶̪͈̖̾ͬ͝ͅr̎̑̐̅̃͂̑҉͚̤͉̙̕ę͔̂̓ͥ̈ͫ͐́’̢̩̙͈̼̩̥̰̋ͥ̄s̷͚̭̊͛̋ͪ̚ ̢̲̳̠̥̿̆ͫͤ̄̊̕͞y̨̨̤͓͚͖̰̮̍̃̓͞ͅo̢̪̪̬̫̙̦̫͎ͣ͒͆̌͊́u̚͏̷̴͔͙͉̦̼͉͚r̸͖͇͈ͥͬ̌ͪ̀͡ ̸̲͉̠̮̼̜͆̆̅̊̑̑̒s̠̞ͤ̉ͥ̓̄ͩa͙̖̦͚̿̽ͩͦͧ̿ͩ̅͘͢r̵̙̘̞̔͗̒ͭ̏͜c̴̪̖͊ͯ̽͐a̬̩̯͈̐̏̿̿̆s̛̏̑̇̌ͤ̿ͯ̊͏͕͇̗m̗͍̦͉̲̖̺͉̐ͬ͋̊ͮ̅̚͞ ͥ̑̇̈́҉̠͉̤̮͚f̬̠̖̟̱̩͋̌̚o̽͆̍҉̙͙̩̤̫ņ̪̾̔ͫ̏̉͌t̻̼͔͎̝̞̫͋ͤͪ̊ͤ͌ͦͮ̕͝:̴̤͕̣̮̱͖̜̦͓̈́̎ͪ͒̊̍ͥ

5 Likes

I’m much less concerned with cost than I am equal protection under the law which includes the police locking up criminals who commit crimes against people due to their sexual preference.

No. We live in a social compact, with clear and defined rules on how something becomes unacceptable. A person can dislike an action all they want, but like the saying goes “your rights end before your hand hits my face”.

You don’t get to decide if making out in public is okay. You don’t get to decide if wearing purple is okay. You also don’t get to decide if me singing Herp a Derp quietly to myself is okay.

What society finds acceptable is not the average. In fact we have that codified in law. If that isn’t blindingly clear–since we should have all studied the bill of rights–i can’t help with a single BBS post.

3 Likes