Leaders and religion

14 Likes

Who are the freemasons, then?

And why do you care?

2 Likes

Goldwater was not a practicing Jew, but he at least became his party’s candidate in the main election. Lost by a wide margin, only taking 38% of the popular vote.

(add edit reason)(add edit reason)(add edit reason)

Had he converted or was he just a non-practicing Jew?

Which is all BS. No such thing happened.

So you don’t know what a Freemason actually is, then?

[ETA] Hiram, as in the chief architect of Solomon’s temple? He’s been dead a long time… I don’t think he cares.

7 Likes

Jewish family, but raised Episcopalian. Wiki says he occasionally referred to himself as Jewish.

2 Likes

So ethnically Jewish, but episcopalian by faith at least as a child?

1 Like

Well, maybe all the revolutionary historians should talk to him, since he seems to know so much about a time period he didn’t live in and which I doubt he read much of the primary source documents about.

4 Likes

whether or not he actually existed is debatable, much like christ’s story has a mythic quality.

they are both symbols, cautionary tales

Yet you seem to fear him.

3 Likes

1 Like

Okay. so what is freemasonry about, since we’re apparently all ignorant.

1 Like

Basically. I think his mother wasn’t Jewish, was father’s side. Still probably the closest I can think of to a Jewish president.

1 Like

But I thought you knew who the freemasons were? Why are you getting your information on the organization from the BBS, if you know?

And what does that even mean? Some sort of conspiracy?

6 Likes

And he didn’t even get that close. And isn’t Judaism tracked through the matrilineal line anyway, generally speaking?

1 Like

I was going to mention that as well. I always thought that strange that a religion would claim someone based on one parent regardless of their practices or beliefs? Maybe I am missing something.

3 Likes

Not entirely, but they have historically been a fraternal organization, which has trickled down to include ordinary men. Men playing at having a greater importance or control then they actually have in the world in order to not feel like the world is as out of their hands as it actually is. But freemasons are often the stand in for a world-wide Jewish conspiracy, as are the reptilian aliens, the Illuminati and the Rothschild family.

There, of course, is no greater scheme or grand plan. There is just what happened in history, which only has meaning when we bring meaning to it.

And yet, here you are, asserting that the masons met across political lines in a war in some sort of power hunger cabal during the revolutionary war?

Ethnicity and Judaism are tied together because Jews were historically separated from Christian society in Europe.

9 Likes

What’s more interesting is how they decided which side would win.

But those documents are sealed in the Vatican’s Secret Arhives.

13 Likes