Leaked Dune trailer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/01/leaked-dune-trailer.html

4 Likes

Leaked Dune Trailer: Sand everywhere.

16 Likes

Looked great…until that last line, “Only In Theaters.” Maybe I’ll see it in 2022. :woman_shrugging:t4:

14 Likes

I’m waiting for the Bollywood version.

10 Likes

17 Likes

And should you switch box given the opportunity? Although, I suspect, on Dune a goat would be quite valuable.

4 Likes

I think I’d only want to see it in theaters. I doubt my 22" TV would do it justice.

5 Likes

Call that a trailer?! It didn’t give away the main plot points, nor did it show off the biggest action set-piece (unless the film is going to be far smaller in scale than I expect), plus it needed more “BWAAAAAAAAAHM!”

13 Likes

Yes, I think they could have spiced things up a bit.

30 Likes

Cautiously optimistic despite the disturbing lack of royal battle pugs.

7 Likes

Confusion here. One of the trailer titles says “See the First Trailer.” So is this a teaser trailer for some other trailer?

4 Likes

why? just go on a Sunday 11 am showing. no one will be there except you

or: Download the Libby app, connect it to your local library and listen to the unabridged audio book, today, for free.

2 Likes

This has the distinct possibility of making the horrible Lynch version fade from memory. Here’s to hoping.

An indifferent trailer, perhaps a teaser for the real trailer.

I’m still looking forward to it since Charlotte Rampling and Stellan Skarsgård do understated menace outstandingly well, only this time, they get to chew up some scenery.

Yeah, it’s got Jason Momoa, Dave Bautista, and Javier Bardem, Zendaya, and Rebecca Ferguson, too. Whatever.

1 Like

That version was what taught me movies could be really bad.

1 Like

Yes, the full trailer will be released on 09/09/20
(officially on youtube etc)

4 Likes

Drive in might be cool.

5 Likes

That doesn’t, unfortunately, mean that the auditorium will be virus free; and, sitting for a couple of hours in gloves and mask doesn’t sound like the Big Screen Experience that I crave. :frowning:

5 Likes

I like to see Dave Bautista in things; I think he’s sort of a modern day Bill Bendix.

7 Likes