LED flashlight review in abandoned mine ends on unsettling note

4 Likes

Pfft, clearly not a ghost; the guy just traveled too close to the tendril of an elder thing, that’s all.

Ghosts love putting on a show, whereas the elder gods are enacting a slow “encirclement” plan, and that requires secrecy and all.

4 Likes

So, he probably lost his sanity as his soul was eaten by an unspeakable ancient evil!

8 Likes

I originally watched The Descent with some friends to make fun of it. Before it came out i recall having a lot of disdain for how the trailers for it were like. But i came away really enjoying the film, i’d recommend it.

The premise is a bit of a stretch, but it’s still a pretty well put together movie.

5 Likes

It’s a wheel of some kind rotating, sounds metallic. Probably something for ventilation. He said there is plenty of air flow. A blower or fan catching the wind and scraping something or rusting bearings.
Still would totally scare the shi t out of me crawling through a old mine.

1 Like

I’m too lazy to google it, but I’m 100% sure this same guy was in another mine video where a chain mysteriously started to swing around on its own in the distance, and he had the exact same reaction. I recall at the time looking into some of the rest of his videos, and they weren’t all supernatural. But this is at least two really creepy ones now.

1 Like

It’s the tentacle monster from Alone in the Dark as we remember from the DOS 320x200 VGA days

5 Likes

Mother Lode anyone?

Yeah it is:

2 Likes

Every once in awhile, the Exploring Abandoned Mines guy will put out a “spooky” video with some kind of staged sound effect and mysterious moving thing. He’s outdone himself here with the rainy, windy night opening.

3 Likes

He should have taken this flashlight instead.

5 Likes

He sounds like he’s still out of breath from running back after making the chain swing.

4 Likes

Well, he wouldn’t have needed to be there on the exact date and time if he had. He could have just used well established solar ephemera and the geometry of the tomb to create a beam in the right direction with the ThruNite TN12™ brand hand-held tactical illumination device (“Without it, you don’t have a ghost of a chance.”).

3 Likes

His relaxed tone is so weird.

“Okay, demons are starting to claw at my flesh and trying to drag me to Hell, so I think maybe I’ll call it a day and mosey on back toward the entrance.”

7 Likes

creeped me out enough that i was not sure i wanted to watch the last 2 minutes of the thing. yikes.

2 Likes

Yeah, every time he’d turn around, I expected there to be something/someone right behind him, maybe with a big bloody axe…

sounds like frogs, they answer random noises. it’s night, raining, and there’s another entrance for the ventilation, that’s where the sound comes in.

It was a dark and stormy night…

5 Likes

Yeah, first I realized how much it sounded like a small speaker. Then I went from thinking someone was in there with him to suspecting he planted a speaker considering his showman-like tone and narration. Then I realized that he convenient ends the video before he gets very far on the return trip to the entrance (speakers ain’t cheap). If I had any doubts left by that point that he staged it, the other “spooky” videos laid them to rest. Now I feel kind of dumb for not recognizing it instantly.

Damn, that flashlight company sure got their money’s worth on this one.

2 Likes