Legendary rockstar Prince has passed away

Thus passes the only guy from Tim Burton’s Batman who liked purple suits more than the Joker did.

15 Likes

Goodnight sweet Prince, may lady cab driver speed thee to that erotic city in the sky!

10 Likes

Amazing guitar player and truly unique person all the way around.

8 Likes
11 Likes

I have no likes to give, so I’ll just say that I agree with every post before mine. A musical genius, unique, gone too soon.

2016 needs a do-over.

19 Likes

that’s… that’s almost worse than the 7-11 mistake.

:flushed:

11 Likes
17 Likes

7 Likes

Prince was extremely talented. You know, I realized though, even though I have several albums from the 80s and 90s, and I know he put out more records in the last 20 years - I haven’t heard any of them. Were they any good?

2 Likes

Now cracks a noble heart. Goodnight, sweet Prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

ETA: Come to think of it, screw that. Take center stage, you can outsing any of them.

9 Likes

And what is to become of First Ave? I loved going to shows there.

Odd tidbit of First Ave. history: my grandpa drove Greyhounds there back in the days when the building functioned as designed.

5 Likes

I read or heard that he wrote and recorded so much music that new albums could be released for years even after he passed. I get the feeling we are going to be hearing more from him soon.

R.I.P Prince

8 Likes

7 Likes

It is a landmark and still brings in amazing shows every week.

1 Like

Note to Death Incarnate for 2016:

ENOUGH WITH KILLING OFF THE COOL MUSICIANS!

11 Likes

I hope St. Peter got the letter about not making eye contact with Prince.

3 Likes

Sometimes It Snows in April.:disappointed:

6 Likes

A gossip site reported the rumor that he was very ill 5 days ago. I guess his death confirms the rumor. So sad.

http://mediatakeout.com/301361/shock-report-insider-claims-that-a-very-popular-african-american-celebrity-is-stricken-with-aids-not-hiv-the-full-avkage.html

1 Like

Prince was astoundingly talented. He could sing in four octaves, play guitar like a motherfucker, drum as well as pretty much anyone out there, and rock out on keyboards, bass, or just about any instrument he decided to play that day. He seemed eternal, un-aging, and immortally funky, and it’s a shock that he’s gone.

I only wish that he didn’t utterly shun the internet and modern technology so that there was a way for me to listen to his music right now.

10 Likes

He was the soundtrack to my first love affair. So very talented. Grinding funk to social consciousness awakening.

Honestly Prince, nothing compares 2u.

9 Likes