LEGO Voltron can still arrive in time for Father's Day

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/12/lego-voltron-can-still-arrive.html

5 Likes

Does it transform or do you have to build the different versions? Imagine if they did Lego versions of the Masterpiece Transformers. Holy shit my wife would not be amused!

4 Likes

They transform:

6 Likes

OMG STOP IT. I have no more room!

8 Likes

This one is so awesome.

3 Likes

Speaking of transforming, how long before they get the rights to produce a Varitech or Optimus Prime?

1 Like

My son and I got it days after it was first released last year. It’s amazing, it transforms, and it still holds pride of place in the middle of his Lego collection.

2 Likes

My wife and I have a closet full of boxed LEGO sets because we’ve run out of flat surfaces to put them on.

4 Likes

seconded

1 Like

Problem solved!

tardis

4 Likes

I am thoroughly impressed.

You can still vote for this one:

2 Likes

That one is really great! very cool that the scale allows for a minifig too.

1 Like

they have a life-sized Tardis at walmart.com? Not sure how I feel about this…Either…

2nd-doc-zoe-scared|nullxnull

Perhaps…

9th-doctor-what-really-ugh|nullxnull

Could be…

6th-doctor-okay-weird|nullxnull

But probably, mostly…

10th-doc-what-the-hell

3 Likes

My image search was actually for “Lego Tardis” buuuuut a life size Tardis won that match buuuuut Walmart. I had the same mixed set of reactions as the doctors. I’m still feeling: excited, hurt and confused simultaneously. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

As a kid, I only had enough moving parts to make one Voltron lion, but I made a Voltron lion without a kit. There just wasn’t a kit or specific parts to make a cool looking Voltron or even one of the Lions. The legs moved kind of oddly and it didn’t have awesome claws, and the brick colors were all over the place. On the other hand, I designed and built it myself. I sort of imagined it was the last Voltron lion made from parts of other lions after some great battle. Good memories. Part of me want this, not for myself, but for my kids and then I remember they have never seen Voltron or have an idea what Voltron is.

1 Like

The new Voltron: Legendary Defender on Netflix is really excellent.

It’s only life-sized on the outside though. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

Sadly!

Although… one time I was at an anime convention, and we walked passed a closet that was open at the hotel, and there was a Tardis in there…

2 Likes

Given that a major front in Walmart and Amazon’s battle is efficiency of warehousing, I wouldn’t be surprised if both have some fringe R&D funding dedicated to encapsulating pocket dimensions. Maybe they’re selling off an early prototype to raise more funds.

You could actually write a pretty fun piece of short Sci-Fi about pocket dimensions. It would start out seeming like just vanilla fiction about a group of friends at a con who meet a weirdo who insists their Tardis is real. They laugh it off as a joke, but then later one of them realizes surreptitiously that the interior is, say, 3 millimeters larger than the outside, like the 18 minutes of static in Contact.

2 Likes