🍰 Let Us Eat CAKE 🍰

This simply inspires me to keep extra good care of my older consoles. :wink:

3 Likes

8 Likes

This all reminds me that I haven’t looked at Cakewrecks lately. Off to see what new horrors have been posted . . .

12 Likes

That. Site. Is.

AWESOME.

8 Likes

I think I’m in love.

14 Likes

I could be, depending on what the top layer made of…

3 Likes

Cake. It’s made out of cake.

11 Likes

What kind, though?

They are not all created equal.

3 Likes

Weel, as long as it’s not yellowcake, I’m not that really all that fussy.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that life is harsh and painful, the world is cruel and there’s just not nearly enough cake involved in either. :cake:

6 Likes

Agreed.

6 Likes

11 Likes

8 Likes

When I first spent time with Americans, I learned that many were not impressed by the idea of fruit cakes. Apparently they were the kind of thing you give to friends you weren’t that close with, and it was a bit of an disappointment to receive one. I found this really odd, since my family loves them so much that my mum used to send me a huge homemade Dundee cake for Christmas every year, wherever I was in the world.

Other favourite fruit bread/cake variants:

Bara Brith:

Tea brack:

Barm brack:

And yes, they’re all very different!

11 Likes

I looked up the recipe for that one…

They want you to use chocolate cake mix to make the chocolate layers.

Where’s the fun in that?

3 Likes

Ya, too heavy and dry.

12 Likes

Cake or death?

17 Likes

Who says you can’t still make your own mixture from scratch, then implement the rest of the recipe?

I’m sure I could, but then I’d have to track down two recipes whenever I wanted to make this cake instead of one.

And yes, I could re-type the recipe so that it was all together, but it just annoys me that the default would be the lazy, less-fun way.

4 Likes

Laziness and cutting corners; it’s “the American Way!”

5 Likes
10 Likes