LGBTQ+ & Queer Positive News

13 Likes

This news makes it all the sweeter to know how to play some of the easier ones of his collection of unbelievable songs.

3 Likes

Cartoon Network has added a pronouns PSA to their anti-racism PSA from last week:

15 Likes

Chloe from We Bare Bears always was cool and willing to learn :hugs:

11 Likes
13 Likes

… finding that LGBT rights groups were likely to succeed on First Amendment claims. (excerpt)

11 Likes
16 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

10 Likes

They resigned from Plaid Cymru earlier this year over the partys inaction about transphobia, and support of TERs.

14 Likes

I want to support a national party of Wales because there is support for more devolved powers and outright independence but it’s galling to see the transphobe rot that’s infesting all of the UK parties and in this particular case you have Plaid’s leader basically saying “nothing to do with me, guv”.

2 Likes

Sigh. I guess there is always a way to make some one not *** enough

14 Likes

Biphobia in the lesbian and gay community is an old problem, and one that has a lot of crossover with transphobia.

Tom Robinson was harrassed by some gay and lesbian activists when he got married to a woman in the 80s, despite being an ever present figure at pride marches. He still identifies as gay and is still married to the same woman.

17 Likes

Once again, goes back to my cloud model. Wish folks were not so hung up on categories.

11 Likes

Just completed a new required training module here at work on providing respectful care to LGBTQ+ patients. It was very basic, of course, but it was repeatedly stated that this was the first in a series on this topic. It is nice to be able to report that we are taking steps to educate ourselves in this area as well as emphasizing that this is a requirement of employment, not just “be nice if you feel like it” crap. The statement repeated several times was that we are not to make assumptions about our patients based on what they appear to be, that they are the only experts on their identity and orientation. Good to hear. Will want to see this put into play, but it is a step.

15 Likes

Yay! That’s true!

11 Likes

Blues Clues 90S GIF

10 Likes

That’s awesome; love her!

8 Likes

Canadian news is rather depressing this week but not all of it. I do like the fact that the “feel good story” is also trans positive. It give a bit of hope this week.
Kittens and baby goats are cute and all but generally done convey that society is moving in the right direction.

4 Likes