LGBTQ+ & Queer Positive News

It’s still early, but it is hopeful news

I don’t know what the LGB in LGB alliance stands for, but it isn’t Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual.

Unless they are singular, and they have one lesbian, one gay man and one bisexual person as token members.

11 Likes

Larry, George and Brian?

7 Likes

Limited gender binary.

It’s such a disgusting thing, to try to pretend you are out to help every group except the one you hate most, and I hope they are taken down as fast and far as possible.

12 Likes

I’m glad they have the backing of the Good Law Project as they’ve really been on it with the PPE contract fiasco.

Some more context…

And there’s a link there to the kind of supporters this so called LGB Alliance have…

8 Likes

And, Logue said, it’s the unicorns’ right to shut their front gate and leave the world behind, just like anyone else.

So say we all!

11 Likes
11 Likes

Lucky Iron Fish has been mentioned a few times on BB over the years. I didn’t know that the founders had a LGBTQ+ connection, and there’s a reason for that.

The positive news is that now they’re discussing the topic. (First page top of Toronto Star business section.)

9 Likes

Thanks for the reminder, I just ordered another one! (Housewarming gift, actually got the leaf this time.)

7 Likes
5 Likes

I’m, not so hot on corporate “pride”. It falls into the background every year after pride month.

4 Likes

I agree and I’m not giving corporations cookies for it, but I do recognize that it reflects cultural priorities in consumer culture and am glad when those priorities trend toward Pride and away from bigotry in general.

8 Likes
10 Likes

The reaction to this will be… interesting. As well as telling, but definitely interesting.

5 Likes

I anticipate that certain players – by necessity having to make physical contact with Nassib – will follow through on an ugly urge to remove any confusion out there (re their own sexuality) by declaring, for the record, their reluctance in having to engage with him on the field.

1 Like

TIL!

10 Likes

The main character in this animation is LGBTQ+, but its not the focus of the film, just a fact that speaks to normalizing diversity - fabulous to see:

EDIT:

Didnt mean to direct that as a reply to you, Doc.

8 Likes

UEFA, like all sports bodies, are arseholes who pay token lip service to LGBTQ+ rights and anti-racism. But they are out of touch with actual sports people. How much? Here are a couple of ex Irish footballers laying into them over their hypocrisy. Their anger and eloquence was bracing for me and shows just how much homophobia is no longer acceptable in much of the world.

If only politicians would catch up.

5 Likes

On the other hand,

I am certain the MAGAts are having a fit about this! (can’t find a good “evil laugh” emoji, but imagine one here!)

10 Likes

But you’re siding with the good, so it’s not really evil to laugh!

Amy Poehler Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

8 Likes
8 Likes