LGBTQ+ & Queer Positive News

Damn paywalls

4 Likes

Empire State Building doing rainbow colors for Pride Month

11 Likes
10 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes

I’m glad they caught the homophobic harasser, but I hope the harasser is charged and convicted for their crimes, and their name ultimately becomes public so good people can avoid associating with the harasser.

9 Likes
13 Likes

The suspect has not yet been named. The next step is for police to bring the evidence before a local clerk magistrate, who will decide whether criminal charges are warranted.

Someone used the mail to harass someone. Maybe it’s a stretch, but you’d think the Postal Inspector might want to look into charges?

The Postal Inspection Service is specially trained to respond to suspicious mailings, including suspicious substances, suspicious items, and suspected explosive devices. We also conduct rigorous investigations into threatening communications to government officials, religious organizations, foreign embassies, news media, and other targeted individuals and groups.

https://www.uspis.gov/about/what-we-do

9 Likes

Mixed bag from USSC this session. Voter suppression is A-OK, but don’t discriminate against LGBTQ Americans. We just keep on trucking, I guess.

10 Likes

16 Likes

I don’t know if this is positive news, but it’s worth sharing…

There are only 21 lesbian bars in the US now…

8 Likes

FWIW, my hope for this thread wasn’t that it would only be unalloyed wins - that would only serve to make allies feel better - but to document the good fight and the people speaking truth to power. Your post absolutely belongs. Thank you for sharing it.

8 Likes

They/Them/The Mayor.

16 Likes

Fabulous.

11 Likes

Aren’t they? :smiley:

11 Likes

They are!

9 Likes

Absolutely. :wink:

10 Likes
10 Likes