LGBTQ+ & Queer Positive News

Peppa Pig is by no means the first children’s programme to feature same-sex couples. US cartoon Arthur, aimed at four to eight-year-olds, won praise back in 2019 after it showed a gay wedding during its 22nd series.

Byker Grove beat them by a couple of decades, but that was aimed at teens.

https://attitude.co.uk/article/byker-grove-star-brett-adams-reflects-on-shows-historic-1994-gay-kiss-1/4759/

9 Likes

Hell, even Hey Duggee has Mr Crab and Nigel…

5 Likes

The title article seems odd when the article itself notes several other shows with gay couples.
Pete the Cat has a TV show as well as books and the gay squirrel couple, fathers of one of Pete’s friends, are in the show. Not sure about the books, we only have some. A not-annoying show for young kids. Good music. Also has a dad who uses a wheelchair, single mom, and mixed-species couple.

5 Likes
17 Likes

That’s hilarious! (From the outside. Maybe not if you are in the situation, especially if the answer is , “No, they do not.”)

11 Likes

It’s upsetting they needed security but I’m glad the bar had it

Edit: grrr bad link!
Edit 2: the Hannover’s Draft Haus was one of the big supporters for the city’s first Pride :rainbow:

9 Likes

Reminds me of an old Jewish joke:

Mrs. Stein runs into Mrs. Levin on the street, and asks how is her son David doing?

Well, Mrs. Levin replies, we got some good news and bad news. The bad news is that he tells us he’s gay, but the good news is that he’s seeing a nice Jewish doctor.

13 Likes
10 Likes

19 Likes

Solidarity fistbump from Neurodivergent people.

12 Likes

That was my immediate reaction too.

All of us who have to hide who we are and pretend to be ‘normal’ are in this together.

16 Likes

@catsidhe, @chgoliz

Here’s one for fellow Neurodivergent people

13 Likes

Neurospicy!

Snaps GIF by BET

9 Likes

Whew! Maybe I can retire now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

“It is now my turn to speak’: Drag performer targeted by right-wing activist files defamation suit

('It is now my turn to speak': Drag performer targeted by right-wing activist files defamation suit)

13 Likes
12 Likes
13 Likes
10 Likes

Charlie Day Reaction GIF

10 Likes

Around the 48-minute mark in this video (where link is set), there’s some great history covered:

10 Likes