LGBTQ+ & Queer Positive News

It’s about elimination as a goal.

Florida is requiring trans people fill out a consent form that requires you read transphobic, scientifically fraudulent misinformation about trans people and health care.

They’re collecting those forms statewide and creating a list of trans people in the state. Making the next level of targeting that much more effective. I wouldn’t put it past them to share that list with right wing violent groups, employers, landlords etc. or just publishing it.

11 Likes

Yep. And allying “good Americans” behind such a cause by dehumanizing the opponent. DeSantis has all the slime of TFG, with actual political will and competence.

8 Likes

I would not feel safe signing that at all. Fucking fascists!!!

Here in WI, I didn’t even have to sign anything for HRT. Just made a video appointment, answered some questions, then got a prescription.

10 Likes

It was lots of black & gray market meds back in the day. People need to establish supply chains that avoid Florida’s government intrusion. Telemedicine from another state & online pharmacy might work well. Imported meds. Informal support networks and buyers clubs.

And put aside a personal stockpile of meds. Several years worth.

9 Likes

Gee, where have we seen those tactics before?

• Forced transvaginal ultrasounds;
  • Forced watching of movies claiming lies;
  • etc. etc.
12 Likes

I know that was a rhetorical question, nevertheless I must;

It’s straight out of the Nazi playbook for exterminating ‘undesirables.’

10 Likes

So basically:

1. Compile list of “troublesome individuals”
  2. “Leak” said list to right wing hate groups.
  3. Sigh, “Will no one rid me of these troublesome trans?”
  4. “What, I never ordered anyone hurt. I am offended you would even suggest it!”
  5. Trans “problem” solved.

Yup, Nat-Cs replaying the book that their spiritual ancestors wrote out to deal with another “troublesome” population. Who had nothing to do with the theorized offenses at all, but were powerless to stop it. We need to not be powerless.

10 Likes

We are NOT.

I will not ‘go Niemöller’; that fucker was a selfish coward.

9 Likes

That gray market still exists, I came very close to buying gray market meds several times over the past 15 years and one of the reasons Keffals has been attacked lately is over her financial support of diy group that helps trans teens. It wasn’t just gray market meds back in the day either, I’ve slowly been catching up on the Totally Trans podcast. There was a fascinating episode I listened to a couple months ago. They were interviewing a trans woman who set up an underground orchi clinic in the 80’s. That episode was a blast, she had some amazing stories.

9 Likes

7 Likes

Oh My God Wow GIF by MOODMAN

Cannot unknow that one.

9 Likes

They were medically trained at least.

10 Likes

Do not google Dr “the butcher” Brown

6 Likes

This is the episode of the podcast

6 Likes

I sometimes use the grey market. Mostly because until I can get my divorce finalized, my fiancee, who is with me currently on a visitor visa pending that going through, can’t access health care here and ran out of meds. It’s expensive, but it beats having to detransition temporarily.

There are a lot of online pharmacies that deal in HRT meds, mostly in developing countries that provide legit medications, though most use crypto so I had to learn how to do that, against my will as I really dislike cryptocurrencies.

10 Likes
11 Likes

Can I just double-check: what about the wedding at Cana?

I supposed technically the wedding part was over and the story is about the feast afterward, but that’s assuming a modern spin on having a wedding ceremony in one place and then the feast in another. At the time it would have been more likely to be one big nonstop event, I would think.

Still, no description of the marriage vows, that’s true!

9 Likes

Better late than never, Singapore.

6 Likes

Click through for the full thread…

10 Likes

Hardly groundbreaking but still good to see.

Peppa Pig: First same-sex couple for children’s show

8 Likes