LGBTQ+ & Queer Positive News

6 Likes
6 Likes

Good for the city council! The mayor can fuck off.

8 Likes

Maybe the citizens of Tucker should consider recalling the mayor based on his “violation of the oath of office” and that based on he "…solemnly swear[ing] that [he would] faithfully discharge the duties of the mayor of the City of Tucker, Georgia. [And would] not knowingly permit [his] vote to be influenced by fear, favor, affection, or reward, and in all things pertaining to [his] office. [And would] be governed by the public good and the interests of the City [of Tucker].

4 Likes
11 Likes
10 Likes

This I did not know.

10 Likes

Nor I, although it does not surprise me in the least.

What does surprise me, however, is that there’s no way NASA didn’t know she was 27 years into a relationship, and even back then it was not a deal-breaker for them.

11 Likes

They were probably just roommates /s

6 Likes

For those who know the city, this is the newer pan-Asian area centered around Argyle Street on the far north side, but not as far north as the Indian neighborhood centered around Devon Avenue, nor the historic near south side Chinatown (which is also adding other Asian restaurants and stores to that neighborhood).

8 Likes

I used to live right on N Sheridan, between the Subway and Big Chicks! Argyle was where I used to go for take-out like dumplings, roast duck, and breakfast buns.

5 Likes
7 Likes

Yay yay yay!

U.S. District Judge James Moody Jr. on Tuesday says the state of Arkansas violated several sections of the U.S. Constitution when it banned all gender-affirming treatments for people under 18.

The ruling also finds the law violates Arkansans’ due process rights by taking away parents’ ability to make decisions regarding their child’s healthcare. It adds the law discriminates against minors based on their sex since it would not prohibit minors from accessing gender-affirming care if it aligns with their sex assigned at birth.

6 Likes

Almost all of these laws are unconstitutional, and I expect most will be struck down, but the damage done in the interim is pretty severe. That and I don’t know what would happen if one made it to the supreme court, given they don’t seem to be operating under the same rules as they were prior to the last administration.

But that’s a worry for the future. In the mean time I’m glad my young Arkansan siblings can once again access the care they need.

13 Likes

Yes, for sure. Hopefully this being struck down there will put pause to other states trying the same.

13 Likes

5 Likes

And . . .

6 Likes
8 Likes

This sounds awesome… but is it really a “zine” if it’s being put out by a massive publisher? :thinking:

4 Likes

Pete Davidson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

6 Likes