6 Likes

The Cockettes!

from

7 Likes
5 Likes

I had missed this!!!

7 Likes
6 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes
5 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/lgbt/comments/q97h86/my_mum_allowed_me_to_put_any_flag_on_my_wardrobe/

9 Likes

I love how careful they were to research every flag, as well as placing so many LGBtQ+ flags

7 Likes

10 Likes
10 Likes

Parker previously told PinkNews: “My comment is about the inappropriate message on the badge. No adult should be telling children that they’re safe, it is creepy as hell.”

No adult should be telling children they are safe. That says all you need to know about this asshat. “Kids should constantly fear judgement. It’s the only way to keep them in line!” This is authoritarianism in a nushell.

5 Likes

Spot On Doctor Who GIF by BBC America

8 Likes

It’s not exactly “we’ve conquered homophobia in the Catholic Church!” but this is still news I didn’t expect to see in my lifetime. Remember, this is an institution that took over 300 years to admit they were wrong for condemning Galileo over the “heliocentric solar system” thing.

6 Likes

There are some wonderful lines in a recent interview with John Waters.

We discussed the recent slate of anti-LGBTQ legislation in Tennessee, and the targeted attacks on the trans community. “I don’t know why that makes people so nervous,” he says. “Be whatever you want!” He’s talked to a lot of young people, and they’re not nervous about it. “The kids think it’s no big deal,” he says. “It’s amazing.”

“My favorite thing is that all parents now — I never thought I’d hear this — cry, ‘Can’t you just be gay?’”

3 Likes

Have seen this IRL. My youngest is trans, and has had a number of folks (mostly family members) ask “Are you sure you’re not just gay?” The fact that this would be acceptable to these kind of folks is, in a weird way, a sign of progress to me, at least.

7 Likes

I had that as a teen, and the refusal of a therapist to accept my answer of “no, I know from experience that I am not gay” very nearly killed me.

I look back now and realise that it was conversion therapy. Not the most severe kind, but still abusive. Lots of gaslighting in those sessions.

9 Likes
8 Likes

Awww, that is so cute!!

7 Likes

Jimmy Fallon Twins GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Of the sweetest kind :hugs:

7 Likes