Apparently, y’all are terrifying!

giphy

8 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes

Its something, at least.

9 Likes
7 Likes

Emma Seligman really wanted to make a gay teen sex comedy. It was 2017, she was still enrolled in NYU’s film program, and the director was contemplating what was missing from the queer film canon. “The only queer teen representation I’d seen on screen had been very tame and sweet, and I just wanted to see shitty gay characters,” Seligman tells me in between sips of iced coffee. She craved something raunchier, tonally closer to the cult classic Superbad , or its spiritual predecessor American Pie . “I wanted to make something gay and stupid and not have it be so serious. Also, I wanted to make a hero story. Something with fighting and edginess. Something kind of unexpected.”

8 Likes

I can introduce her to some friends.

5 Likes

Ever since signing on as the dating app’s CMO last year, Melissa Hobley has made it her mission to put Tinder on the right side of history and celebrate diversity.

…

despite the hurdles, Tinder’s marketing team is determined to stick to their guns and promote LGBTQ+ representation.

And it’s already paying off.

According to The Drum, the dating app’s ‘It Starts with a Swipe’ ad campaign, which features a diverse selection of couples, has already boosted Tinder’s earnings.

Tinder CEO Bernard Kim says that the company’s Q2 revenue is up by six per cent (or $475 million) as a result of their bold and inclusive ads.

“Our new ‘It starts with a swipe’ marketing campaign is delivering, most importantly by increasing overall new user sign-ups and reactivations at Tinder, and is having an impressive impact on our brand consideration and intent,” he explained at a Q2 earnings call.

Not only that, but user interactions have improved since the campaign launch, too.

Hobley puts it all down to taking a stand and refusing to back down from mounting right-wing pressure.

“You have to actually be very comfortable knowing that you will upset some folks and you have to have convictions in what is right,” she said.

”LGBTQ+ equality is not a political issue, it is a human rights issue.”

5 Likes

Got a note from one of my trans kids about competing in track and setting new school records. Don’t really expect to hear complaints about it. He’s a trans guy competing against cis guys. Funny how that doesn’t seem to get the transphobes going the same way, eh?

12 Likes

Happy Cheering GIF by bluesbear

11 Likes