Liberal Tears

Because its clickbait?

Because the contributors are just kinda phoning it in lately?

Because ironically the gears that keep BoingBoing up and running really are lubricated with liberal tears?

I mean… they’ve monetized reactionary outrage… via website hits turned into advertizing dollars.

4 Likes

No one cares about your AK here.

If you remind people 180 million people in the US own guns and have never shot anyone with them they will just get pissed off.

Stop pointing out the preferred easy solution to a complicated problem is wrong.

2 Likes

Well, I was thinking of drones and tanks, but those are all true too.

Well, I wouldn’t say “no one.” I enjoy talking about guns. But yes, maybe this isn’t quite the right place to talk about guns, in general.

What kinds of guns do those 180 million own? I don’t fear the person that owns a hunting rifle, at worst he’ll off himself or an unfortunate family member as is the common standard. I fear the guys with the wannabe military weapons. They’re the hoarders with weird fantasies and the ones who are “law abiding” gun owners until they crack and go on a rampage… You know, those rampages that happen seemingly weekly that gun owners get pissed off when reminded about…

5 Likes

I’m being stupid again, but that’s not an AK-47, that’s an AKM. At least, almost definitely. AK-47s are the assault rifles which the USSR used back in the day. AKMs are a variation of that design which is popular in America today.

I know, it doesn’t really matter. I’m just being anal.

EDIT: The big difference is that the AK-47 was an assault rifle - fully automatic, and the AKM is semi-automatic, and is most commonly used for hunting or target shooting.

1 Like

Handguns are responsible for the vast majority of gun deaths, via accident, via crime, via suicide. Out of proportion with the number of people who own them. Handguns are useful for killing people at short range, for concealing, and for carrying around as a habit (in case you need to shoot someone).

Long guns, including wanna be assault weapons, are responsible for a small percentage. They are however scary to law enforcement, as well as regular folks. And seemingly useless… so they get focused on.

While handguns… actually useless for anything other than killing varmits (at close range) and killing people… are ignored.

2 Likes

Handguns aren’t ignored at all, nor how easily they are obtained. Handguns fall under that same category of military style weapons I mentioned. You’ll notice that these guys aren’t going on rampages with revolvers…

2 Likes

Well, Kalishninov stole most of it from the German PPsh43, as I recall.

I will merely state that the genius of the AK design was both its’ durability and its’ manufacturability. Hell, up in the Khyber Pass, they’re making AK clones ENTIRELY by hand, by cutting and filing bar stock, and routing and drilling rod stock.

Compare that to the AR-series, which, while generally superior as a weapon, gums up easily, is far harder to manufacture and maintain, and costs significantly more per copy, even in bulk. . .

1 Like

Of course I won’t remind you, you already know that.

I was merely pointing out that an AK may be a Russian design, but they are pretty much made everywhere.

Yes, I’m also fully aware you don’t like guns. Not my problem. And only your problem if you choose to try and take them from anyone who chooses otherwise.

OR, are you not pro-choice ???

2 Likes

First, that’s something that people think now. It may be true, but it would be hard to prove that Kalashnikov stole his concepts.

Second, the PPS was a Soviet gun, not a German one.

Well, one could always just suck the blood straight from our bleeding, liberal hearts. There’s plenty of sugars, fats, and protein there.

4 Likes

Like SO much.

Also the PPS was a straight blowback operating from an open bolt, which is nothing like the gas operated AK.

1 Like

That’s a can of “Rem oil.”

2 Likes

Well… in the sense that every media outlet in the world is run by people.

and of course they had to lube it with liberal tears, it isn’t like they can lube it with conservative rhetoric because that is too corrosive.

remember folks…guns don’t hurt people, conservatives hurt people. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish I lived in a world where I could neatly categorize people with generalities and put them all in neatly labeled boxes.

[quote=“Ereiamjh, post:47, topic:18106, full:true”]
What kinds of guns do those 180 million own? I don’t fear the person that owns a hunting rifle,[/quote]
Right - because no one with a hunting rifle ever committed a mass killing. Never mind that many a hunting rifle has the same performance as a military grade sniper rifle. Be sure to base your fear on the looks and “type” of weapon.

Right - every one with an AR/AK type firearm is a delusional nut waiting for the end times. Don’t let anyone else tell you different.

Boogie! Boogie Boogie!

If I were you I’d worry about urban crime centers, where the most gun deaths occur. You’re far more likely to get shot at a 7-11 robbery than someone having an Walter Mitty apocalypse episode.

2 Likes

Don’t forget that many of those firearms are used as hunting rifles.