Library apologizes for performer in a monkey costume with a false bottom and a fake penis attached to it

Originally published at: Library apologizes for performer in a monkey costume with a false bottom and a fake penis attached to it | Boing Boing

3 Likes

He don’t know no shame
He feels no pain
Our independent leisure contractor
Is to blame…

16 Likes

You missed the obvious one, methinks:

I think I’m sophisticated
'Cause I’m living my life
Like a good homo sapiens
But all around me
Everybody’s multiplying
And they’re walking round like flies, man
So I’m no better than the animals
Sitting in the cages in the zoo, man
'Cause compared to the flowers
And the birds and the trees
I am an apeman

13 Likes

I tend to support whoever is behind something that causes someone to write, “Have we completely lost our moral compass as a society??” because the answer is almost always, “No, of course not, Karen.” But histrionics aside, this does seem to be quite the error on the library’s part. Somebody’s probably having a good laugh at their expense right about now.

20 Likes

How on earth is this sort of thing allowed to happen?

Everyone knows that the monkey costume with a false bottom and strap-on is for road safety campaigns!

26 Likes

this is the future that liberals want

12 Likes

Did you forget the /s or do you actually believe that?

8 Likes

Yes please!

10 Likes

Well, count me in. I think it’s rather funny. And all the people getting their panties in a bunch are rather funny as well.
Art project succeeded.

I once saw a hilarious bunch of street performers with knitted ‘nude suits’. Complete with wool penises and big woolly bushes. This was in a very christian part of germany. The act was rather fun, but the reaction of the audience was even funnier.

10 Likes

Me, a furry looking at pics of this costume:

23 Likes

Yes sorry! It’s a meme: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/this-is-the-future-that-liberals-want

anyone who actually believes that wouldn’t survive for 5 minutes on bb

18 Likes

That costume is definitely a new spin on the “Reading Rainbow” theme.

10 Likes

There was some kind of giant strawberry and a iguana involved too!

I’m crying… :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

6 Likes

I think the forums need the < /sarcasm > tag turned on by default today.

5 Likes

I was at a pre-school event and they brought a Shriner clown. He was in his mid-sixties and proceeded to tell the kids all the wonderful things the Shriner’s hospital does. He then went into graphic detail about a young child who lost his limb in an automobile accident. I quickly mentioned to him there are 3 year-olds present and he quickly changed subject.

4 Likes

Ha, I read your comment after making the mistake of reading all the twitter comments from the link above.
Most of them seemed to actually believe some variation of that.

3 Likes

Well, it worked. . . it caused me to read the article.

Now if only they could put monkeys with fake dildos into “War and Peace” and “Finnegan’s Wake.”

6 Likes

30 Likes

If this were a company that produced toxic waste rather than a library I would wager that the Yes Men were involved.

unnamed

Photo above shows a suit with a built-in monitor.

3 Likes

Can we be absolutely certain there aren’t any in Finnegan’s? It can be pretty difficult to parse.

14 Likes