Lickspittle Lindsay Graham backs Marjorie Taylor Greene's call to invade Mexico

Originally published at: Lickspittle Lindsay Graham backs Marjorie Taylor Greene's call to invade Mexico | Boing Boing

9 Likes

One could make a much stronger argument that the Mexican military should be allowed to conduct actions on U.S. soil to protect their citizens from American criminals smuggling deadly weapons into their country.

Mexican officials have said that a significant part of the epidemic of violence and crime that has plagued their nation in recent decades is driven by the illicit traffic of weapons from the U.S. Mexico has restrictive firearms laws, with one gun store in the entire nation and only about 50 permits issued per year. Between 70 to 90 percent of guns recovered at crime scenes in Mexico can be traced back to the U.S. Drug cartels, in particular, buy those weapons in the U.S., mostly in Texas or Arizona, and smuggle them across the border.

28 Likes

Maybe Graham and Taylor-Green should spearhead the invasion; just to try it out.

11 Likes

“I’m going to introduce legislation, Jesse, to make certain Mexican drug cartels foreign terrorist organizations under U.S. law and set the stage to use military force if necessary to protect America from being poisoned by things coming out of Mexico,” Graham said. “I would tell the Mexican government, ‘If you don’t clean up your act, we’re gonna clean it up for you.’”

fight good luck GIF by Wrecked

8 Likes

It’s getting very easy to see who has a direct line to trump these days isn’t it?

9 Likes

terrorism - the use of violence or the threat of violence, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political goals.
It’s uncertain to me what the cartels’ political agendas might be in America, but I expect they’re just looking to make money and freely spend it. Until this country does something to reduce demand for illegal drugs, cartels will continue to profit from their trade in unregulated/untested products and Americans will continue to die from them. But Ms Lindsay and MTG don’t want to solve anyone’s safety problems here. They want to send Joe Biden on an impossible task so they can blame him for their failures at governing.

6 Likes

Boy. All this talk of invading Mexico surely won’t inspire even more attacks on people who look like they may be Mexican or have Mexican heritage.

18 Likes

I’m more than happy to spring for their boots if they take point on the invasion.

4 Likes

Inventing a reason to be on Fox News

Where I’m sure Senator L.G. Freeloader can be bought off by Murdoch with a free lunch as usual.

1 Like

Oh FFS. The cartels exist because we insist on criminalizing a medical issue. When has prohibition ever worked? It sure didn’t work in the 30s. What did we get? Gangsters & corruption. With the current (50 years) experiment in prohibition, we have exported the gangsterism and corruption to other countries and now we blame them for it. When people can make such insane profit margins & huge volumes, there’s going to be enough money around for lots of guns and for political/police payoffs.

Also, too, since our “war on drugs” is mostly being fought “for” us on foreign soil, maybe we could have a little more grace for the people who are fleeing that war and trying to come to our borders? Please?

10 Likes

Well, shit, let’s give them both a Bowie knife and a musket and let 'em have at it!

3 Likes

So, they’re looking at the invasion of Ukraine and saying “How can we be more like Putin here at home?”.

4 Likes

So, does he campaign on being a spineless lackey to whoever seems most popular? Because that would be accurate, but I don’t know how that would get you votes.

3 Likes

If Biden doesn’t invade he’s a coward. If he does he’s a warmonger attacking an innocent nation. I’m just glad that Biden seems to have worked out the game. Nothing he does will be the right thing to do, according to the GOP, even if it’s literally what they asked for last week. Given that, he might as well do whatever he likes.

8 Likes

So you’re saying better gun control in the US would help reduce violence in both the US and Mexico and likely be an effective way to reduce the impact of drug cartels in Mexico.

3 Likes
3 Likes

GOP has missed the mark on basic Capitalism. “Legalize and tax” enriches us more than “ban and fight”, which doesn’t work. BTW how much is GOP ‘donated’ by savvy cartel mafiosos, so dope prices stay high?

1 Like

Muskets are constitutionally protected; knives (and muskrats) aren’t. Hey, how about a musical campaign, with pro-firearms folks singing MUSKET LOVE to the old Captain & Tenille tune? Grab-em by the ears, hey?

But they have crony capitalism down good. Their friends in the prison industry are raking it in.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.