Lifeguard, who is Christian, sues Los Angeles because Pride Flags

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/30/lifeguard-who-is-christian-sues-los-angeles-because-pride-flags.html

9 Likes

Lifeguard, who is bigot, sues City of Los Angeles because asshole.

25 Likes

Does anyone think this homophobe would actually be able to do his job professionally and effectively if a gay man was drowning and required mouth-to-mouth?

(Yes I know that the AHA no longer recommends bystanders use mouth-to-mouth with CPR but trained professionals like lifeguards still use it)

9 Likes

As long as we’re talking about bigots demanding the right to punish other people for legal rights: Here’s a couple University of Texas professors demanding to be allowed to punish students for getting abortions.

16 Likes

Translation: “my rights were violated because human beings that I don’t like exist.”

8 Likes

Schitts Creek Good Luck GIF by CBC

2 Likes

The only thing this bigot is entitled to is termination of his employment by the city of Los Angeles.

22 Likes

It’s a clever get-rich scheme for bigots. Win or lose, he can plaster the ring-wing blogosphere (Facebook) with ads talking about how his faith was attacked. The place is full of ‘em pulling down a ton of dosh for their “nonprofits” that “educate” about “religious discrimination.” My FB-using ancestors have their Facebook feed overflowing with the smarmy face of that Colorado baker who refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding and the woman from Kentucky who wouldn’t issue a marriage license for a same-sex couple.
Those grifters know their business!

3 Likes

Yeah, right.
Lots of people call themselves that, but when it comes to the actual practice of following their own scripture, well…

What happened to turn the other cheek? And love thy neighbor?

I don’t see where he requested assignment to a different beach, so this is a self-inflicted wound.
Since he chooses to be outraged, that’s his problem.

Ah.
No mere ‘lifeguard’ this; turns out he is a philosopher.

I’m with @libelle; I smell a grift.

2 Likes

But pride flags are like fentanyl. He could accidentally touch one and turn gay and/or trans.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.