Light turnout for Trump inauguration

That would be an absurd claim and worthy of criticism but @nungesser never made any such claim, nor am I aware that anyone else in thread has as far as I can tell.

Try to stick to facts for a change.

14 Likes

The Seattle march started a block from my house. It was huge.

13 Likes

Anyone who has studied the Machiavellian machinations behind getting Sanders on the DNC ballot, then sabotaging his campaign, will likely see that Clinton never plays by the rules. The DNC strategy of working towards elevating Trump to be the RNC candidate was pretty shady, especially as a primary DNC objective. Any candidate with operatives working inside the news media, who are willing to sneak advance debate questions to them, is not playing by the rules. Hiring people to commit violent acts at opposition speeches is not playing by the rules.
I don’t know if Obama used those same strategies in his campaigns. I had thought that he had more of a popular mandate. I voted for him.

18 Likes

https://twitter.com/mattbors/status/822882622451761154

19 Likes
13 Likes

What’s amazing is the total lack of self awareness that Trump displays. A Leader would go out and meet the crowds marching on Washington DC, and have something to say - “I hear you and we’re changing policy to incorporate your views” … “You’re wrong because X, my way is better” - instead he’s just hiding and pretending it isn’t happening.

19 Likes

He thinks winning gives him a mandate to do whatever he wants.

9 Likes

I was trying to find the joke he was wanting to make without realising how it would actually sound, but it looks like he’s serious:

His Twitter feed is full of cat fights with other celebrities. I kind of miss the days when public figures felt like they had to moderate their public image and maintain some kind of dignity, even if they acted like children in private.

18 Likes

Morgan always was an awful tabloid journo, but he’s really gone off the deep end recently.

13 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes

Why when he can just fib? It’s so much easier for his posts.

He enjoys the conspiracies more than looking into them.

9 Likes

So pre-Twitter?

You have to give a shit about anyone but yourself to have self-awareness.

10 Likes

Having just come back from a rally where the march was officially CANCELLED and yet still managed to happen anyway, due to the overwhelming number of people who wanted to do the march over the concerns of the police, I find it hard to believe that protesters in DC were able to successfully keep tens of thousands of people from attending the inauguration. The much more likely explanation is that there weren’t that many people interested in going to the inauguration to begin with.

32 Likes

We have a good idea of what sorts of persons fake news works on here, at least.

Proved wrong? Stick to it until they give up and forget how shit your sources are.

Bragging about voting for Obama but supporting the forces that oppose him at every point, that only shows how much you’ve changed as a person. Not how sincerely interested you are in acting right.

12 Likes

You did say he exploited the system. Perhaps not in a previously unknown way, but the implication is that he used the electoral college in an unfair way. When the election was happening, it seemed to be common knowledge that the goal for victory was 270 or more electoral votes.

I do not claim to have data on the numbers of people turned away, if any. It may be that everyone who tried to get in through a blocked entrance found an alternate way in. I also acknowledge that Trump was never going to get the turnout that Obama got. Obama’s inauguration was an important, historical event. It could be that Clinton might have gotten crowds approaching the size of Obama’s. That would also been a historic milestone.
The fact remains that it is fundamentally dishonest to attempt to block entrances, then mock the numbers of those attending. Do one or the other, if you have to, but not both.

And yet as you’ve shown not having data doesn’t prevent you from making a false accusation.

19 Likes

Fleas the size of rats sucked on rats the size of cats,
And ten thousand peoploids split into small tribes,

4 Likes