Light turnout for Trump inauguration

!

11 Likes

She did what people expect a candidate to do.

When she chose Kaine, it was clear that her understanding of candidacy didn’t include “locking that shit down”. The 20-state strategy…

Anyway, winning elections is an expectation we have of candidates.

1 Like

One thing some friends and I were talking about today is that the media should just refuse to do press conferences with him. Nothing gets into legitimate news stories except by other means – factual means – rather than giving the Trump administration any more coverage than absolutely necessary.

We already know that the people who only listen to right wing ‘news’ don’t trust the papers of record anyway, so why waste the time and newsprint?

21 Likes

Something other than Administration spokesdroids spewing talking points being put forward as news? It’s as if the corporate suits would have to be bypassed to save the profession.

4 Likes
8 Likes

And just in case you doubted it, here are the plastic sheets for Obama’s inauguration in 2013. You know, the ones that were never used before yesterday.

http://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/gallery/1822771/preparing-for-the-presidential-inauguration/

22 Likes

And here is what Vox is saying:

23 Likes

Like @crenquis showed upthread somewhere

26 Likes

28 Likes

Two lying press conferences in one day, blatant easily disproven falsehoods in both, and a fairly sinister lecture on what the press should report. Again, if you trying to prove you are not a nazi you really should work on not looking like them.

24 Likes

Pardon us for not taking you as the arbiter of fundamental dishonesty, Max.

You Want To Believe because you hate Hillary, but cluck your tongue somewhere else. Our lives are more than your hate.

13 Likes

What the actual fuck? That press conference is the single most ridiculous, pathetic piece of nonsense that I have ever witnessed. Floor covers? I can barely stand to watch it. The Democrats are doing their jobs of keeping incompetent people out of office. These Trump people are actually fucking imbeciles. You need to remove them. The marches against Trump need to become a weekly or monthly fixture until he’s gone. I mean in the past people have ironically said Sad! to describe Trump, but this press conference is literally sad. My only concern is that it might take 4 years to rectify this error.

23 Likes

Apparently metro ridership today in DC for the Women’s March was at least 50% higher than yesterday’s for the inauguration, and a significant number of the end-of-line garages and lots were at capacity or nearly, whereas yesterday no lot or garage had any issues regarding space.

And if you look at the aerial photos, there’s no question which one was more heavily attended.

29 Likes

This is day 1. I’ll just repeat that - this is day 1.

Fucking hell.

23 Likes
13 Likes

14 Likes

The piddling crowd for Trump’s inauguration makes it seem more like Triumph of the Won’t.

17 Likes

JHFC don’t these anarchists (otherwise known as the shitheads that show up simply for the lolz of destroying things) realize that anarchy and “we the people” do not really go together. Fuck you, I’m not part of your people!

2 Likes

There were organized efforts to keep people from attending the Inauguration. They did this by physically blocking some of the entrances. several of the groups were chanting “This checkpoint is closed”, and “this is what democracy looks like”.

Obviously TrigglyTrumph wants fact-free safe-press-spaces.

8 Likes