Light turnout for Trump inauguration

He got out the Crackerbarrel vote!

3 Likes

Good!!

17 Likes

What about the transit rider figures? Closed checkpoints wouldn’t affect that.

26 Likes

Now this is a turnout!

18 Likes

Seriously, where are the rest of the crowds?

They didn’t make it.

3 Likes

No one’s denying that it happened. All I said is that you make claims that aren’t always based in fact, which even seem to be your own fabrications, and even have a history of refusing to admit it when you’re caught lying.

17 Likes

It strikes me that relying upon the altruism and integrity of the US media to resist Trump is only slightly more likely to succeed than relying upon the honour and decency of the GOP Congress.

Those qualities were expunged from the industry long ago.

16 Likes

And that’s why so many people DIDN’T take transportation to the general area? Or did they magically teleport there, only to be stymied in the last few feet by human blockades?

23 Likes

I do not claim that Trump’s crowds were ever going to be comparable to Obama’s. Other people may have made such claims, but I have not. I do believe that blocked entrances and well publicized threats of violence may have affected the attendance count. “May have”. I also believe fairly strongly that someone forcefully blocking attendance to a public government function at the National Mall, while chanting “this is what democracy looks like”, is a person who should have taken civics in school.

They really should try to be more like those Founding Fathers of ours and emulate the Boston Tea Party and Revolutionary War instead of standing around like that.

16 Likes

Well you can’t even rely on the non-mainstream media outlets to reliably report on important issues surrounding this election. I mean “fake news” went from “for-profit falsified stories about politics with complete intentional fabrications” to “any time the press is ever wrong about any topic even if they publish a retraction quickly” thanks in large part to popular progressive outlets.

Hell, even if you could get a unified press corps to walk out of a press conference, that is still a bad thing. We still need to hear this shit said.

1 Like

He’s less popular. That’s why attendance was lower. That’s all there is too it. Everything else is distantly secondary.

Edit: People blocking others from attending … or trying to at least … not cool. You’d be hard pressed to find anyone here who disagrees.

10 Likes

Jeez, Tony really needs to sit Blossum down and have a talk!

3 Likes

I agree that blocking attendance to a public government function isn’t what democracy looks like, nor is any vandalism. People have the right to peacefully assemble to protest, but not to block other people from peacefully assembling to watch a presidential inauguration, even if they think he’ll be a disaster.

5 Likes

It’s not like attendance actually even matters that much. A half-way competent press secretary could validly say:

• Obama's inauguration was historic, the first time a black man became president
  • We want to be compared to Obama on the numbers of new jobs and new businesses that we create in this administration, those numbers matter more to us than crowd sizes

… Instead they’re lying about demonstrably verifiable facts. Do they just lack the imagination?

20 Likes

Never gets old.

6 Likes

Where is ATL, 60,000?

3 Likes

Some of Trump’s supporters fit the demographic for alien-abductions. Maybe that’s what happened? Trump should check with the CIA.

I’m sure some of them will be feeling sore down there as the term wears on.

1 Like

13 Likes

They’re lying about relatively unimportant demonstrably verifiable facts and normalising the process of lying so that when something really important happens, no-one bats an eyelid that they lie. It’s a longer game than just lacking imagination, IMO.

20 Likes