Like an Irish Spring

It’s okay, but I got hands on some sulphur soap one time, and that stuff is pretty amazing.

2 Likes

Ahem. Here it comes. Ready? You sure? Okay.

Oh……. no!

3 Likes

If you’re sitting on top of a horse and your scent is the overpowering one… it’s Irish Spring!

10 Likes

I bought a can (out of sheer perversity) in the UK once, and I suppose due to EU labeling regulations they had to simultaneously admit to being carbonated prune juice and not actually containing any juice.

5 Likes

and his little friends

12 Likes

Food Club Dr. Wow. Awesome.

There is, however, a curious omission

(Also, Pibb Xtra!? WTF!?)

2 Likes

Dr. Bronner’s is the soap choice of hipsters everywhere!

I like the soap, but I take issue with the plastic bottle; I’m trying to cut down on plastics. It does last a good long time, if you get a large bottle, but you are left with the bottle. Some stores have refill depots, but none in my neighbourhood.

I’ve switched to Soapworks soap bars and shampoo bars ($1.89 for a bar! But do use a vinegar solution rinse) which have no packaging. They sit in the open, in a wooden display stand supplied by the maker, and have only a barcode price tag on them. My only issue with this soap is that palm oil is an ingredient.

3 Likes

Tried irish spring for a week once. Decided to stop when I was peeling like a third degree sunburn victim even though it was the darkest butt of the PNW winter.

7 Likes

Maybe if young Master Pibb had applied himself more fully to his studies, he would have attained his doctorate and rightfully earned his position on this list.

13 Likes

Even as a kid I thought it was weird they were cutting into the soap on these ads. I guess it’s “manly” to cut into things to see the stripes.

Grandpa’s Pine Tar Oil soap is my current favorite.

4 Likes

The hairy chest wrestling one was better.

5 Likes

Get you some carbolic acid soap. It’s good stuff. You can get it on Amazon, but I’m not going to link it because I don’t want BB adding an affiliate link to my post.

2 Likes

After watching that ad, I find myself waiting to hear the soap is magically delicious.

But that’s an entirely different neighborhood of TV commercial Ireland.

9 Likes

I can’t read the brand for “Dr. Choice.” Planned Parenthood, perhaps?

3 Likes

Though you may be tempted to do so, you should not eat this soap:

(confession: it’s actually awesome soap, almost as good as my Sappo Hill Sandalwood)

7 Likes

and the ■■■■■ of the mutants here.

2 Likes

I first read that as the banned moi-word being the name for an aggregation, as in a “■■■■■ of happy mutants.”

5 Likes

My wife makes soap.
Um, better soaps.
Buy my wife’s soap.

I tried Dr. Pepper only once. Yuck! I didn’t care for his nurse either.

5 Likes

Meh. Misses a senseless crossover of memes.

5 Likes