Like an Irish Spring

“Tis a FINE fresh scent!” But will it get a fresh man strong?

1 Like

You can say mоist here, but you’ve got to really mean it, not just blurt it out.

8 Likes

If deer and raccoons are devouring your vegetable garden, hang a few bars of Irish Spring from strings around the perimeter and they will stay the fuck away.

This is the only known use for Irish Spring soap.

9 Likes

Avoid getting Mentholatum down there. I speak from experience.

2 Likes

That looks more like Highlander!

Also: olive oil soap. I like a block of olive oil soap when I get around to it. Not expensive to get small batch stuff particularly compared to fast finishing pump dispensers of liquid soap. Artisinal hand made organic whatever olive oil soap is much cheaper than that.

Also: the cutting soap thing is something my daughters are fond of watching on youtube.

4 Likes

They would have done well if they’d also sold a companion line of bath knives to cut of your daily soap.

Yep, they really would have cleaned up on that idea.

7 Likes

I am obsessive about no soap residue. Long ago ditched Irish Spring for Ivory, and never looked back.

1 Like

Me too!

7 Likes

I think its noteworthy in this context that Coca Cola started off as a pharmaceutical remedy, a cure for many diseases, including morphine addiction, indigestion, nerve disorders, headaches, and impotence.

Pity they didn’t market it as Dr.Pemberton, I presume.

4 Likes

How on Earth is this collection missing Dr. Faygo?!

5 Likes

A different Irish Spring commercial has infected my memory for decades. (Sung) “With a bar of Irish Spring in your hand / It’s like takin’ a shower in Ire-land.” What makes a shower in Ireland different from one taken anywhere else is unclear, unless it’s the fact that an Irish shower is taken out-of-doors.

7 Likes

That is a dialect of Wikipedia of which I was previously unaware. I quote:

“While Pibb Xtra availability is prevalent, its diet counterpart is unrenowned and lacks of demand in some states, such as Indiana.”

4 Likes

All of which taste like Dr. Scholl’s.

3 Likes

A friend at work had an empty can of Dr. Perky on a shelf, a testament to his having actually finished it.

4 Likes

Then there’s that time I borrowed some shampoo from my sister when she was out. It was dog shampoo.

2 Likes

Any specific suggestions?

Wait am I supposed to use soap too?

I’ve just been using body wash for years

After seeing that ad as a child I took my dad’s pocket knife and carved up the soap in the house. Mom was not pleased.

8 Likes

I’ve always thought the best collective noun for a group of bankers would be “wunch.”

1 Like

I’ve often found myself caught in an infinite loop, falling for that “lather, rinse, repeat” thing.

7 Likes