Limited edition of legendary leather jacket from Akira

Originally published at: Limited edition of legendary leather jacket from Akira | Boing Boing

1 Like

They should at least have the big pill patch as an option.

6 Likes

Looks very much like the Thriller Jacket:

3 Likes

KANEDAAAA :rage:

akira smile GIF by Funimation

6 Likes

I do feel like it’s a disservice to the original design to not include the pill. Super fans are the ones most likely to get this so why exclude such a major design component from the jacket? (my guess is that they didn’t want drug references on the jacket but i doubt they’d have any trouble selling with it on there)

3 Likes

Now if only there were any news at all about Taika Waititi’s live action remake, which was supposed to have been released last month, i’d be happy.

1 Like

Red leather is hard to pull off.

4 Likes

According to the link - its because it wasn’t in the Manga. So it’s for the super, super fans.

But also, be like a real biker gang and paint it yourself. It wouldn’t be that hard, at least not the pill.

2 Likes

Is having one’s name on the back of one’s pants a typical thing…?

2 Likes

Yes!!!

Marquez:

8 Likes

The character is a teenager in a violent bike gang, good life choices like sensible clothes isn’t something he does.

5 Likes

Somebody make an edit to switch KANEDA with JUICY or DADDY’S.

4 Likes

Yeah, it gets very sticky. A little butter helps.

3 Likes

4 Likes

“ * Sold Out Around the World!”

:frowning:

1 Like

Do they provide +X sizes for the husky gentleman or lady with mom and dad bodies?

1 Like

What puzzles me somewhat is that van Doornum is involved; that is not the type of clothing I have known them for so far.

https://www.vandoornum-shop.de/en/

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.