Lindsey Graham begs for money as he chokes on tears in humiliating pitch (video)

Well, just look at it.

11 Likes

Lindsey graham is so slimey and so showbiz.

Did anyone see Lindsey graham and al franken on the daily show? Honestly that was uncomfortable. I came away somehow liking both of them less after the interview.

Two comedians just yakking it up for money no matter where they work.

I felt like I was watching two people who didn’t get anything about my life while constantly being reminded how much influence and power they have had over it as actual legislators and I didn’t really need the reminder. An important moment for sure but I can’t say I enjoyed watching.

9 Likes

And yet, even as the most privileged defendant, he definitely has something to worry about, as does anybody being prosecuted in the US, regardless of whether they are guilty or innocent.

2 Likes

Being held accountable for his actions?

11 Likes

6 Likes

First of all, it’s more properly, “this twice-impeached, disgraced, (etc.) ex-president” to those of us with a sense of what is right. Secondly, the prosecution of this and other crimes is helping him … to see the error of his ways.

If only he would learn something from it.

1 Like

A couple of years ago, Sidney Blumenthal wrote a very perceptive piece for the Guardian about the odious, needy Graham:

The only positive thing about Graham is that he gives plenty of ammunition to Seth Meyers.

6 Likes

Wow…

You really missed all the inherent sarcasm and irony in the original comment, huh?

Hint:

Hardly any of the regular community members here on BB are fans of the former 45th POTUS; we drag him regularly, and many of us look forward to the day when we finally get to read his obit.

The comment you replied to was a parody of what glib rich White people of privilege often say in regards to everyone else, especially when it comes to “upholding the law.”

12 Likes

The chance of an astoundingly rich white male with political power being wrongly convincted in the USA asymptotically approaches zero.

7 Likes

Yes. And even if, by some miracle, the idiot is innocent, he still has something to worry about. Once the prosecutors are coming after you, guilt or innocence don’t mean shit in this country…

2 Likes

Do you think he’s gonna end up sent up the river for life just like some poor working class Black kid? It seems like you’re missing the actual lived reality of how the criminal justice system actual functions in America. Hint: it’s not by illegally going after innocent wealthy white men. It is literally, the exact opposite of that. :woman_shrugging: Even if Trump is found guilty, on everything he’s been accused of doing, he will not end being tortured by spending 20 years in solitary confinement. That just does not happen to wealthy white men with power.

14 Likes

Narrator: he is not.

It’s not like he’s going to be sent to Riker’s Island gen pop for this, as just as that would be for his involvement in the Central Park Five case. It’s a nonviolent crime and in NY they have relatively progressive laws about nonviolent felonies.

The US criminal justice system has both a specificity and a sensitivity problem. The system is highly inaccurate in both convicting the innocent and in failing to even prosecute the guilty. And the error bars are biased towards incorrectly convicting BIPOC, LGBTQ, and poor people while failing to convict the guilty when they are White, male, rich, and connected.

Would you say T**** falls under the former or the latter?

12 Likes

Isn’t Weisselberg in Riker’s?

2 Likes

Interesting POV, there; albeit one that is not very relevant to the actual topic at hand.

Everyone who isn’t rich, White, male, cis-het and claiming to be Xtian has ‘more to worry about’ than TFG, because the system wasn’t ever built to facilitate us.

I honestly don’t get what you are going on about here; no one here is championing 45, and no one is saying that the US legal and justice systems are anywhere near “fair” or "just.’

8 Likes

Is that the jail side, while he is awaiting prison assignment, or is it the prison side?

Rikers is one of the weird facilities that is both.

2 Likes

Excited Lets Go GIF

6 Likes

Sounds like the jail side

Mr. Weisselberg initially will be assigned to the North Infirmary Command, a jail on Rikers Island that houses people with serious medical conditions as well as a portion of the general population.

6 Likes

Quick question. If Trump does (please!) go to jail - does his Secret Service detail also have to go with him?

6 Likes

I suspect they’ll figure out some house arrest arrangement.

6 Likes

sporting a new Barbie-blonde hairdo and smeared in orange bronzer

I thought you were joking, but he really does look like he is more blonde and orange.

Wasn’t Lindy just talking about how Desantis is the new hotness like 2 weeks ago?

3 Likes