Lindsey Graham calls for assassination of Vladimir Putin: "The only way this ends is for somebody in Russia to take this guy out."

Originally published at: Lindsey Graham calls for assassination of Vladimir Putin: "The only way this ends is for somebody in Russia to take this guy out." | Boing Boing

6 Likes

21 Likes

Shut the hell up, Lindsey, would you?

19 Likes

How much you want to bet he calls himself a Good Christian?

23 Likes

I hope someone on Putin’s staff can take a break from thinking up assholic war crimes and spill the beans on Graham.

17 Likes

So now the heart attack Putin has from natural causes will be an act of war to whoever ends up in charge of the button.

Thanks Linds, great job as usual.

15 Likes

Republicans were saying the same about Trudeau two weeks ago.

37 Likes

OK, confession time: I said the same thing about Donald Trump.

I’m not proud of it, but here we are.

34 Likes

He’s not wrong in terms of it being an option for ending this invasion. But I’d sooner trust the details of how it might happen and who might make it happen to a 12 year old boy with an over-active imagination than to Huckleberry the Hypocrite. After years of enabling Putin’s biggest asset in America he has no standing to discuss this matter.

59 Likes

Lindsey, you just aren’t funny anymore. Go buy a house next to Trump and retire.

14 Likes

Well that seems counterproductive.

21 Likes

Lindsey Graham: “Russian citizens should risk their lives to assassinate Putin.”
Also Lindsey Graham: “I won’t vote to convict Trump for orchestrating an attack on our capital.”

61 Likes

mah twittah was hacked, probably bah them dang russkies

12 Likes

I freely admit hoping for that What Lindsey Said Out Loud.

The most subtle version: State media begins playing a loop of somber music, followed by reports of a tragic accident.

But, yeah, no frigging way a Senator should say that out loud.

38 Likes

Very much the personification of counterproductive statements. Politicians should never be asking for the assassination of people they don’t like. As much as Putin is human garbage don’t just be saying irresponsible shit like that

31 Likes

Exactly, if Putin dies in office (of natural causes or otherwise) at least half the planet is going to assume it was a CIA hit. Hard to imagine how this jackass thought his comment was helpful.

27 Likes

Yeah, it’s a stupid thing for a public figure to say and will be weaponized to cast doubt and accuse the US in the event it does happen.

Also: He’s absolutely right.

22 Likes

I disagree that martyring Putin would be the most productive solution. The Russians managed to get Gorbachev out of office without resorting to assassination.

18 Likes

It’s helpful if you want to give Putin/Russia an excuse to refuse to de-escalate and a fantastic “look how aggressive the West is being” soundbite.

14 Likes

Exactly. This will come back to bite everyone, eventually. What a stupid, foolish thing for Graham to say.

17 Likes