List of people barred from south London pub

3 Likes

“Banned”-schmanned.

:wink:

2 Likes

I really want to see a Don Martin style illustration of these people standing outside the bar peering through the front window.

4 Likes

My first thought as well! Some of these just beg for it.

1 Like

I was banned from a bar once.

I suspect there’s a learning curve.

A guy got 86ed from THE NEIGHBORHOOD. He didn’t like a girl’s jukebox choices (he was anti-hip-hop), and called her the n-word. She kicked him in the balls, as you do, so he punched her. She is a beloved barkeep, off duty. He got dragged outside by everyone in the vicinity and gently boot-partied until he escaped. Big guy, scarily so. He should stop drinking.

He comes back, same night, to get his phone. Before he gets there, the smallest (and whitest) dude I know tackled him off his bicycle. Boot Party Part Deuce.

Next day, his girlfriend comes by for the phone. After being told the story, she says, “Again!?”

Down the block at the next bar, not a week later, he tries to tell his side. He has barely a black eye. “Got jumped by some Persians.” No, part one was all black guys. Part two was everyone, and they were just trying to get you to stay the fuck away. 86 numero dos.

Definitely a learning curve up one side and down the other. Noteriety is a reward, but… not always worth it.

4 Likes

Dammit, I can’t find it now, but in the Simpsons, there’s an episode where Marge is taught “the bum’s rush” and demonstrates it on Homer, throwing him into the wall. Homer gets up, rubs his head and appreciatively says “Ah yes, Detroit style, very nice.”

It was in the episode where Marge helps manage Moe’s Tavern as a family restaurant.

4 Likes

The pub I worked at in Pimlico had a very similar list. Names like “The man with the shitty dog”, “Those girls”, “Bob the builder”, “Shat in the garden” and so on.

1 Like

:heart: for “boot party”!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.