Listen as Trump hands the Kim Jong Un letters over to Woodward: "Don't say I gave them to you"

Originally published at: Listen as Trump hands the Kim Jong Un letters over to Woodward: "Don't say I gave them to you" | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Awareness of guilt! we got him now for sure! yep… no doubt about it. 666th times a charm. [eyeskywards]

(“how’s that shooting someone on fifth avenue going?” “Well the gun jammed but pistol whipped him anyway. And so far only a light milling of lawyers”)

18 Likes

26 Likes

He likely also happily gave Top Secret information to any strong man dictator types he wanted to impress, or to any attractive woman. Because his ego was more important to him than national security.

24 Likes

99% chance he kept all those documents just because he wanted to keep feeling like a big shot president and could show them off to people.

“I shouldn’t have these, but it’s okay. I wanted to show them to you. Don’t tell anyone.”

“Um, this is France’s nuclear program. All of it.”

“I know. It’s big right. You should make a copy of it. Just don’t show it to anyone, treat it with respect, ok?”

“I’m just your accountant.”

“Go tell the butler to bring me a diet coke. And get me a new button.”

27 Likes

All this word salad describing “whether his bellicose rhetoric toward North Korean leader Kim Jong Un had been intended to drive Kim to the negotiating table.” The best word salad.

“No. No. It was designed for whatever reason, it was designed. Who knows? Instinctively. Let’s talk instinct, okay?” Trump said. “Because it’s really about you don’t know what’s going to happen. But it was very rough rhetoric. The roughest.”

11 Likes

I doubt that he was just stroking his own ego by hoarding documents, as it does not take a genius to sell documents to the highest bidder - and since he seemed to have spent some of his time in office cultivating foreign ties… but at the end of the day, does it matter either way, considering he still seems to have documents and spent a shitload of time hiding that from the DOJ and NARA?

It strikes me that assuming ego and ignorance is giving him a pass. He’s been hugely destructive to this country, whatever his motivation.

21 Likes

“You wanna make a photostat of them?” Jesus.
Fast Times At Ridgemont High GIF by Filmin

7 Likes

“Sir, this is a Wendy’s.”

25 Likes

Fixed that for you on behalf of the GQP.

12 Likes

Every utterance is a confession with that guy.

3 Likes

Headline next year:

“Woodward Indicted for Receipt of Stolen Goods”

2 Likes

Just for giggles: imagine that Trump actually had a plan here?

He gives the letters to Woodward, then he could truthfully say he didn’t have them.

Stop laughing! Trump? Truth? OK, never mind.

2 Likes

Those empty folders they found at Mar-a-lago - they weren’t empty when they left the White House.

21 Likes

This. This to me is the smoking gun. Why run the risk of committing a federal offense by transporting empty folders? You don’t.

15 Likes

He’s frozen in time. I mean, we all are at some point, but this is a guy that still thinks that Time Magazine is relevant. His last real chronological touchpoint is the 80s.

11 Likes

It would be incredibly brazen and naive for a politician to assume any journalist is automatically going to honor his request not to share evidence of a Federal crime, but it takes it to the next level when the journalist in question is most famous for reporting that exposed conduct which resulted in the forced resignation of an American President.

17 Likes

Do you really think Trump has anything to do with salad? Well okay, maybe potato salad.

No. Trump’s mouth spews verbal diarrhea, not word salad.

3 Likes

It does not. Even if he just had them to stroke his own ego, they were not stored in a secure manner, and some employee at Mar-a-Lago who had a key to that room might have been tempted to try to sell them at some point. In fact, it’s almost certain that would have happened eventually had the documents remained there.

7 Likes

NK, SK, Japan and China had multiparty talks which excluded the US because all 4 thought Trump was a fucking moron and not worth including.

12 Likes