LISTEN: In taped Trump phone call, he pressures Georgia secretary of state to recalculate election, ‘I just want to find 11,780 votes’

I dunno what he has to give them. If he steals the election, he’d be basically hamstrung by his illegitimacy. I think we’d have riots to make 2020’s look tame. Diplomatically the world would see him as Putin-lite. Hell, even Putin has congratulated Biden now.

All I can figure is his continued support comes from people who look at North Korea and think “You know, they’ve got a pretty sweet gig there. We need to make America more like that.”

1 Like

The Republicans refuse to obey any rules of decency
The Democrats refuse to fight.

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

9 Likes

America choose a showman instead of Hillary Clinton, a seasoned diplomatic politician.

alternative ending

4 Likes

Don’t worry…

I’m sure a sternly worded letter from Pelosi is on it’s way.

9 Likes

Yeah, this needs to be her last term as well.

It’s past time.

15 Likes

I keep trying (every time it’s voting time), but the majority of Ca residents don’t seem to agree…

4 Likes

Another legal angle (perhaps) would be Title 18 USC Sec 242. If you act as if you have the legal authority to subvert the law and by doing so deprive people of their rights (such as the right to have their vote counted), you can be fined or imprisoned for up to a year. The DOJ has it pretty well spelled out.

9 Likes

Me too; and I hear you.

It’s frustrating.

5 Likes

when rich people commit crimes, we have to prove “intent”

16 Likes

Way off topic, but we watched this clip (again) last week, & then I found this:

8 Likes

Even if GA were to magically find 11781 votes and give the state to Trump, he still loses the electoral college which just makes this all the more baffling and nonsensical.

20 Likes

Re: Trump suing over the recording

A mildly competent lawyer would tell Trump he has no case.

Too bad Trump has Rudy Giuliani and not a mildly competent lawyer.

Seven million not three. 81,281,888 to 74,223,251 according to Wikipedia.

I’m pretty sure @milliefink was referring to the 2016 election, not 2020’s.

Hillary beat 45 by 3M in the popular vote.

15 Likes

I listened and was horrified. This is full-blown thuggery. It is now much more clear to me how Trump has controlled otherwise somewhat normal people against their own best morality.

5 Likes

Horrendous. Absolutely horrendous.
And what I have maintained since Nov 03 2016 is that however bad Trump may be as a politician (and as a person), an equal or even greater risk to our country is the vast numbers of voters who can’t see the flaws in his actions, the unsubstantiated claims (going all the way back to his election promises and his trite ‘easy solutions’ devoid of any details or depth), and the threats to the laws and protocols that defend the democracy that allows us to self govern.

These people can be swayed by the basest and most obvious charlatans, and Trump will likely not be the last of his type to win their support.

We do not have the well-informed electorate that self-governance requires.

Edit: I must add: …and the blame, IMHO, does not rest upon Trump and the electorate alone. Those already in office or brought into his administration who aided and abetted his acts and behavior are equally complicit and deserving of scorn.

8 Likes

This is what you get when you elect a president that mocks disabled reporters.

4 Likes

I finally listened to that.

The desperation, it reeks of it.

If this isnt obvious attempted criminal coercion of a sitting public official, I don’t know what the hell is!

But watch the democrats do nothing, because lets face it, same feckless morons unwilling to stand up and call bullshit still running all that last I checked. Hand the speakership to AOC already Nancy, your finger wagging routine doesn’t work!

5 Likes

So, the Republicans have been spending all this time trying to find evidence of corruption and of people trying to steal the election. Well, we found it!. Irrefutable proof that someone is trying to steal the election. It was projection all along.

Yet another Scooby-Doo moment, when the mask has been ripped off and it’s old man Trump underneath. But we’ve seen this happen almost uncountable times throughout the Trump presidency.

13 Likes

What? He very much did learn a lesson. Specifically the lesson that the GOP will back him up no matter what.

11 Likes

That doddering spineless conservative needed to be retired many, many years ago.

1 Like