Listen to a group of panicked folks call the police on a gentle whale near their boat

1 Like

5 Likes

the dude urging calm is clearly the boat owner and is used to this. whales tipping boats over almost never happens.

6 Likes

awesome. so are you gonna rock me to sleep tonight and calm me when the nightmares come?!?!

4 Likes

Did they have immigration papers? Probably best to let the police handle this.

At a minimum, they should be given a cetacean.

42 Likes

Permit Patty
BBQ Becky
Doorway Debbie

and now…

Baleen Betty

10 Likes

Trying to tie in Star Trek: The Voyage Home into this conversation but I haven’t had enough covfefe yet.

If I think of something good, I’ll let y’all know. :neutral_face:

8 Likes

I think he was hoping his enthusiasm would catch on and instead it only amplified the bad energy. Shouting “It’s not SCARY!!” might not be the best approach to take with panicked people. They’ve got that scene from Jaws where the shark gets up onto the transom of the boat playing on endless loop; they’re not interested in the majesty of nature.

Samuel%20Jawkson

8 Likes

Whale Wynonna?
Cetacean Christine?
Humpback Helen?

4 Likes

Whales seem to want hugs and belly rubs.

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Ambergris Amber?
Moby Molly?
Flukey Felicia?

4 Likes

Nah the “stoner” which was I am assuming the father was the only intelligent one on the boat. The whales are not “going to rip apart your boat” JFC were you on the boat? you were on the boat weren’t you?

11 Likes

I’ve met people that think all wildlife belongs in cages. They would be perfectly happy to exterminate 95% of it. I’m not sure how they manage to tie their own shoes or drive a car or do anything with such a limited understanding of the world but there are people out there like that.

5 Likes

2 Likes

That’s a Coastguard abbreviation for “All Porpoises Bulletin.”

18 Likes

The sheer number of people I’ve met who know nothing about the ocean and/or fear nature. But insist on owning or using boats its astounding.

A few years back I was working at a dockside restautant and some first time customers pulled up in a brand new boat. Apparently they were out fishing (it was not an appropriate boat for fishing). And had been pointed our way since we were willing to cook people’s catch.

One of the guys asked us if we could cook a turtle for him. He claimed to have pulled up a sea turtle and the way he described it made it sound like a small ridley’s. I got called over since I was managing. And explained to the guy that even interacting with a sea turtle was illegal, and that if we cooked the thing we’d get shut down. They laughed that off, and ended up staying for drinks. While they did that I called the DEC and Harbor Partrol. Never heard what happened, hopefully they got picked up on their way out.

19 Likes

I also would have accepted Are Porpoises Beluga?

3 Likes

Maybe they hoped you could garnish it with some Golden Eagle feathers…

1 Like