Listen to the phone call that ended Anthony Scaramucci's career

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/08/04/listen-to-the-phone-call-that.html

3 Likes

We really didn’t get to see enough of the Mooch. I am sorry to see him get kicked off the WH Survivor Island so quickly.

7 Likes

He should turn up every now and again in tabloids, although - speaking for myself - I wouldn’t let it go beyond turning my head in the direction of the magazine rack at checkout counters, quick scanning for a blurb on the Mooch, then instantly turning my head away. I value my brain cells.

3 Likes

Is it bad that I’m laughing?

4 Likes

No no, he said that Bannon tries to. He’d have to respect the man if he were succeeding, obviously. We all would.

9 Likes

Career is a loaded term, not unlike “diet”, or “behavior”. Its use here is hyperbolic because whatever Scaramucci does is literally their “career”. It ended one job, that they were doing for only several days.

1 Like

The recording on NPR is censored - are they all?
If so, what’s the fucking point? (heh!)

4 Likes

I feel like this answers the whole fandango question.

2 Likes

Ah, Mooch, you put the “fun” in “funoly”, or however it was you tried to pronounce “felony”.

Mooch is lucky this reporter lived in New York. New York is a one party consent state https://www.rcfp.org/reporters-recording-guide/state-state-guide/new-york
Other states he would have to tell the person he was being recorded.
In my piece about this I said that Mooch’s lack of knowledge about the rule of dealing with journalist would be his undoing. I predicted he would last 14 days. I was off by 4. Mooch train1

4 Likes

time

2 Likes

There are a lot of possible reasons why he was fired. However, I have it on reliable authority that he was fired because he refused to do the fandango.

3 Likes

Does he really call himself “Mooch”?

2 Likes

His full name is “Mooch Ado About Nothing”

and he performed it with arguably more decorum than his peers.

Personally, I’m skeptical. Steve Bannon is WAY too fat to suck his own dick.

1 Like

"I do what many dream of, all their lives,
—Dream? strive to do, and agonize to do,
And fail in doing…

Ah, but a man’s reach should exceed his grasp,
Or what’s a heaven for?"

Robert Browning

2 Likes

Trump is now embarking on a 17-day vacation, which means he’ll be away from the White House a full week longer than Scaramucci’s entire tenure in it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.