"Stop it! Stop it!" DeSantis loses control to a heckler

Originally published at: "Stop it! Stop it!" DeSantis loses control to a heckler

6 Likes

I guess he forgot to ask them to clap.

7 Likes

In the end, the thing sadistic bullies can’t countenance is being mocked.

11 Likes

So… how does it work that the guy already has a job, yet he takes time away from that job to try to secure another job… if he using up vacation time to campaign?

At least in sensible parts, you have to resign before you run for another office. Total BS you can be a Governor yet be away most of a year dealing with a personal quest for further glory. Especially if you are an unsavory character to begin with, how does his ego fit through a doorway?

Anyways Ron, keep checking those sofa cushions for change, there’s gotta be enough morons out there to foot your bill to oblivion.

End of the day he’ll say he was really in it to bring fresh ideas to the party, be that guiding light for others to follow, a moral compass… glad to have taken part.

Like the great scholar once said, if you ain’t first, you’re last.

12 Likes

That was true in Florida, as well, until last year when DeSantis forced the GOP controlled legislature there to change the law.

17 Likes

So we have an answer to the question “how much money would you take to stop working for DeSantis?”

$30million apparently.

7 Likes

I seem to recall he got the State Legislature to pass a special bill allowing him to do so. It wasn’t legal in Florida until he made it so.

9 Likes

dragons' den beer GIF by CBC

14 Likes
5 Likes

Not dead enough. We’ll still be kicking Ron around for the next couple of decades.

8 Likes

Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

8 Likes

I couldn’t make out much of what the heckler was saying except “there’s a sex offender going to school…” which makes me think she might be one of those Qanon folks attacking him for not being batshit insane enough instead of someone attacking him for his many real failings. Anyone else able to figure out what the woman’s deal was?

8 Likes

i’m imagining this

including this part

The accusation also has caused turmoil for Bridget Ziegler, an elected member of the Sarasota School Board, though she is not accused of any crime. On Tuesday the board voted to ask her to resign. She refused

eta:

11 Likes

If I understand what I think I do this woman is naming a person at a public school in this clip and accusing them of being a sex offender? I think I also heard her say the word queer and it sounds like she’s upset they are attending school.

Should people be replaying this so much? Am I mishearing? I’m pretty sure I hear the name.

6 Likes

Can’t we hold on to some hope that Trump has to drop out due to losing his legal battles?

5 Likes

Also I suspect he’s been really extreme about keeping people out of his events that might do this, up until now. (Certain reporters being blocked from even attending.)

I wouldn’t be surprised if either he didn’t have as much control over this event, or they’re not filtering so many people out because otherwise the crowds would be too thin at this point in his waning popularity…

7 Likes

christmas snow GIF by Philippa Rice

8 Likes

Wow! There must be dozens - dozens - in attendance to hear poor Ron go on about Soros, soros fauci fauci pee pee…having a stroke now.

5 Likes

You have to remember that due to the state’s grossly disproportionate influence on the nomination process getting a few dozen Iowans to sit through your campaign event is like holding a rally for a million Californians.

6 Likes

GOP? They’re not sending their best.

…oh shit, what if they are?

2 Likes