Listening to Trump at half-speed "reveals how often his logic is indistinguishable from a drunk person"

Slowing down NDT may make him sound drunk but he still sounds like a thoughtful drunk.

11 Likes

Seriously, yeah…

7 Likes

To be fair, Trump’s blatherings started out as a drunkard’s nonsensical rant.

3 Likes

Weird, I can’t do that without gagging a bit, then starting to tear up.

7 Likes

Actually, depending on the concrete and steel, concrete is much stronger than steel.

I am curious if the steel slat design can be defeated with a cable tied to the top and a strong winch. Probably not, but it would be hilarious if it was…

1 Like

He just keeps repeating steel so that the idiots who voted for him in PA and WV will be happy he’s trying to support coal and steel.

11 Likes

Not just.

This is why he has been so laser-focused on getting a wall. Because he has already promised serious money laundering opportunities to people who will be very displeased if he fails. That’s why out of all the things he’s promised then forgotten, he always remembers the wall. As far as he’s concerned, those guys getting mad at him is a national emergency.

Sadly, thanks to his own fuckery, it might now well be.

22 Likes

Trump getting assassinated for welching on a deal with russian mobsters isn’t a national security issue, and I honestly think he should pay out of pocket for his own bodyguards if he doesn’t want to get killed over his amazing dealmaking prowess.

9 Likes

Problem is, it might go beyond just his assassination, now.

4 Likes

7 Likes

The real tragedy here is that much of Trump’s base believes that steel must hit its melting point to no longer be structurally sound.

1 Like

For the steel slat design, I think drug traffickers can defeat it by passing thin bundles of drugs between the slats. Asylum seekers can defeat it if they have an accomplice in the United States and someone in Mexico each with 30-40 foot tall extendable ladders ($500 to $1000 according to a quick Google search.) Both sides drive up to Trump’s Wall in some isolated spot. Erect the ladders, climb over, take down the ladders, drive off before the Border Patrol could reach you even assuming they realized you were there.

4 Likes

Even Trump seemingly had a momentary epiphany on the campaign trail when he articulated out loud exactly how the wall could be defeated by a person who had a ladder and a rope.

13 Likes
3 Likes

So… Trump is just a drunk talking at double speed?

1 Like

Yeah and in fact the best way is a rope from the Mexican side (I assume that is the side of origin).

The rope is attached to a harness on the person going over before they go up the ladder. The rope is initially strung through the top rung of the ladder and serves as a safety device if they slip or fall. The person then slides down the other side, supported by the rope, possibly using the sort of regulator which is used for indoor rock climbing.

1 Like

Listening to him at full speed sounds like someone who snorts Adderall.

Or has brain worms.

5 Likes

You know, drunk people speak slowly because they are TRYING to compensate for the fact that their brains aren’t really working that well at the moment. Trump never tries.

7 Likes

Ladders?

Of course, if your trajectory was a little low, you might make drugs grate again.

6 Likes

wiy0LLC

It could happen… :wink:

6 Likes