Literal breadboarding, with toast and Vegemite

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/08/insulating-bread.html

8 Likes

I can smell the vegemite just by looking at the pictures.

7 Likes

Finally, a use for vegemite!

Obligatory: https://youtu.be/t_BkZYmTQ5c

7 Likes

At a guess that slice of toast would be good for about two amps, slow blow.

5 Likes

Me too. I need to order some more.

4 Likes

Not for me thanks. My doctor says I am already conductive enough.

1 Like

Electronic toast? Whatever next? I may have to change my avatar (again).

But I’d like to see it done properly (i.e. with Marmite solders)

4 Likes

I thought it was going to be some sort of torture. Covered with vegemite and bread until it simulates…umm drowning… being buried alive in toast… who knows

5 Likes

Was going to type this exact sentiment but NukeML’s mind moves much faster than mine.

In solace, i will “literal” quibble thee this: “Literal breadboarding, with toast and Vegemite”, but where’s the “board?” Well there is none here, and so your “literal” is sent to the principal’s office. There is a thing called a “breadboard” and it’s a board upon which we slice the bread, and it’s that which once was used for “breadboarding” circuitry, via nails driven into the wooden breadboard [nerdish snigger]

4 Likes

1ssix2

10 Likes

I object to this waste of perfectly-good Vegemite. Besides, all true blue, dinky-di Aussies know that to get the best out of your vegemite, it’s got to be eaten with butter. Don’t know what that would do to its conductivity, though.

1 Like

Why not go all organic:

5 Likes

Software engineers eat their own dogfood, but with proper deployment of toast and vegemite, hardware engineers can now eat their own prototypes.

4 Likes

Brilliant. By using Vegemite it is unlikely to be eaten by mistake.

9 Likes

In an alternative world semiconductors would be made of brewers yeast rather than silicon, electrons would be renamed Jaffas, email would be known as Coo-ee, biometric access to computers would require you to insert your finger into an apparattus and utter the word “Crikey” - those who failed to do it in time would receive a bite of a suitably lethal poison. And Starbucks would become a chain of pubs.

4 Likes

I would like to point out that this is has not been evaluated by the Toast Marketing Board yet.

Waste of perfectly delicious vegemite.

1 Like

Capitalist institutions like the Toast Marketing Board should be abolished in celebration of Bread Santa’s birthday.

I first learnt to make circuits using a wooden board, as suggested by the Ladybird book of Simple Electronics:

3 Likes

The Toast Marketing Board is all that stands between us and the Goliath Corporation.