Bread can be made from a gangrenous wound's bacteria

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/22/bread-can-be-made-from-a-gangr.html

7 Likes

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  

12 Likes

I am an adventurous eater. But this is a hard pass…

11 Likes

Past research documents that pathogenic strains derived from wounds may be used to produce bread and that bacteria isolated from this bread retain their pathogenicity.

Uhhhh…

7 Likes

What about…

7 Likes

NO…HARD PASS!!!

(and that is absolutely the most complete sentence required in response to the question)

4 Likes

How about…

or

6 Likes

com-optimize%20(1)

Let’s make some bread!

11 Likes

Holy shit this is like something out of a William Burroughs novel. No thank you. I’ve never been so glad for autoimmune disease.

7 Likes

Pass me a couple slices of that bread with the penicillin mold on it, I want to make a medicated sandwich.

5 Likes

What about Ergot?

Ergot does not contain lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) but instead contains lysergic acid as well as its precursor,[22] ergotamine. Lysergic acid is a precursor for the synthesis of LSD

Additional note: Did not know that eating bread made from ergot infected grain has a high chance of killing you in a horrible painful death:

A diary entry from the time describes that as soon as people ate the poisoned bread they became dizzy, with such strong contractions of the nerves that those who did not die from the first day, find their hands and feet falling from them, as from frostbite

5 Likes

Maggot infested cheese, anyone?

4 Likes

We have to keep telling scientists - because you can do a thing, does not mean you should do that thing.

7 Likes

When I want bread, I eat bread. When I want drugs, I eat drugs. Why go halfway between bread and drugs?

3 Likes

Keep it rollin’.

2 Likes

Are we sure this wasn’t just a bad trip?

1 Like

7 Likes

Just wait until you find out the kind of bacteria used in making cheese and salami…

3 Likes

Nope.avi Same goes for Limburger.

1 Like

I mean death seems like the ultimate bad trip

1 Like