Livingston couple faces 150 felony charges, including sexual abuse of dog and serving semen-tainted pastries

Originally published at: Livingston couple faces 150 felony charges, including sexual abuse of dog and serving semen-tainted pastries | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Repeat child rapists*

fuuuuucccck

Dennis was fired from his job at the Sheriff’s Office after his arrest. He had been with the office since 2002, and was recently the head of the local SWAT team. Cynthia resigned from her job as a teacher at a local junior high school the day she as arrested. She had been working with the Parish school system since 2009, first as a substitute, then a full-time teacher at both elementary and middle schools.

Both were in jobs with authority over kids

fuuuccckk

(Livingston is just outside Baton Rouge for people not from LA)

*How about a change in headline, please. Ejaculating in pastry is pretty trivial next to raping children

30 Likes

Their crimes include rape, animal abuse, and serving drinks and cupcakes contaminated with semen.

ezgif-7-28b49cad70de

19 Likes

So BB isn’t even using “mostly wonderful things” as a tagline anymore?

6 Likes

“occasionally wonderful things”

7 Likes

A few wonderful things if you’re lucky, but mostly “if it bleeds it leads” and advertisements for creepy internet-of-things items. Rob, Mark, David: I still love you.

11 Likes

signal-2021-06-15-131443

4 Likes

Dennis’ attorney, J David Bourland, is expected to remove himself from his client’s case due to an inability to agree on a suitable defense.

Between the client and the charges, I have no doubt!

8 Likes

Damn, True Detective Season 1 level shit going down here.

5 Likes

“Dennis’ attorney, J David Bourland, is expected to remove himself from his client’s case due to an inability to agree on a suitable defense.”
Well, file this under ‘No shit, Sherlock!’

7 Likes

Also, this story is nearly 2 years old now. Wonderful!

3 Likes

The crimes happened nearly two years ago, but they weren’t arrested until last October and the AG only shared details of the investigation very recently:

The couple was arrested back in October, but the Attorney General’s Office has been “reluctant to share information on the nature of the alleged offenses, citing the sensitive nature of the investigation and need for privacy.”

It’s not an “old story” if this is the first time the public learned about it.

15 Likes

Well, October 2019, yes. And it was in the local newspapers then.

As recently as August 2020.

I’ll concede that this could be new to BB readers. Still, it doesn’t seem like the usual fare around here. At least the headline doesn’t refer to Perkins as a “gentleman.”

2 Likes

Sheriffs office? Head of the local SWAT team? Gosh, must be another one of these bad apples we keep hearing about.

10 Likes

Frankly, sometimes it seems like just one “thing” after another, these days.
(Not that I am at all disappointed. Oh no.)

5 Likes

Surprisingly, the police services seem to be composed of about 90% bad apples and lone wolves who do not represent the majority of the service. And 10% media relations people covering for them.

15 Likes

thank you for your excellent reporting which assumes everyone everywhere knows where and what “livingston” is.

1 Like

Denham Springs, Louisiana, just east of Baton Rouge.

2 Likes

How does one get from here to there???

What kind of incremental steps are made to wake up one day and be totally enveloped in darkness?

I guess I don’t really want to know.

3 Likes

The couple was arrested back in October, but the Attorney General’s Office has been “reluctant to share information on the nature of the alleged offenses, citing the sensitive nature of the investigation and need for privacy.”

The reason for the privacy?..

Dennis… had been with the [Sheriff’s] office since 2002, and was recently the head of the local SWAT team.

4 Likes