Liz and Richard Uihlein, billionaire Trump megadonors of Uline packaging, got COVID-19 after scoffing at risks

We have no need to wind.

3 Likes

For crying out loud these dipshits literally manufacture medical face masks.

22 Likes

They should have wrapped themselves in plastic. Believe in your own products!

3 Likes

ugh, my business uses their products and i didn’t realize how awful they are. i was just about to put in a new order, too. now i gotta find a new vendor, dammit!

25 Likes

It’s hilarious, but hypocrisy is the billionaire right-winger’s forté. Totally not shocked that they would be profiting from both sides of this.

7 Likes

Nah, tots and pears are useful and tasty.

These folks can have thoughts and prayers, which are not.

13 Likes

The best! The hugest! I wonder if they can even filter coffee.

3 Likes

thoughts-and-prayers

11 Likes

This hurts more than losing Bill Cosby.
I mean shit, every dime-bag I ever smoked came in a little Uihlein baggie.

4 Likes

I’m sure that they’re rich enough to qualify for whatever criteria are being used to determine who gets limited access cutting edge treatments (similar to that that kept the orange ManBaby from croaking in his most excellent physical condition).

As noted elsewhere, their workers who may have been indirectly infected are on their own…

4 Likes

Reminiscent of how Mao had syphilis and, for whatever reason, did not get treated for it. And how some of his concubines would be evidently brag about having acquired syphilis from the Chairman.

2 Likes

2 Likes

To think she and her husband entered Canada during the pandemic and where gloating about it. They have crossed the border illegally and might have spread it there. They should be arrested or at the very least heavily fined. I am shocked/not so shocked the government did not do anything to at least reprimand her and her husband.

5 Likes

Out of fucks

11 Likes

Wouldn’t have happened to nicer people.

3 Likes

As they say in North Carolina, bless their hearts. Their bigoted, nasty, discriminatory little Nazi hearts. I too had to find other vendors for the stuff they sell (they don’t make anything, they just sell stuff) once I heard her opinions on society.

8 Likes

Uline? Noted. Will boycott in future corporate purchasing decisions.

Also… Ha ha

4 Likes

More like breathless, cynotic, low O2 sat, bipap for two weeks.

Yup, skipped quarantine and held, according to local rumours, a decidedly poorly (read “un-”) protected meeting with staff.

1 Like

I lived in Brazil in the 90s and I’m gay, so I paid pretty close attention to gay-related language — particularly any language that might be used when I was in what might have been a threatening situation. While I’ve never been fluent in Portuguese, I definitely get the slur in Bolsonaro’s quote. Bolsonaro said, “…não adianta fugir da realidade tem que deixar de ser um pais de Maria,” which would translate to (as best I can manage) “there’s no use trying to escape from reality; we have to stop being a country of Mary.” (Although, I might translate that to “a country of Marys,” as when we in the gay community call ourselves and each other “Mary.”) My impression is that “country of Mary” is, indeed, a slur somewhat stronger than “sissies,” but not quite as bad as “f*gs.” I think it’s more akin to a straight high school football coach insulting the squad by calling them “ladies.” Of course, I haven’t been in Brazil for almost 30 years, and slang changes over time, so I’m not clear on where it might land on the offensive spectrum these days.

(Edited to clarify a pronoun reference.)

11 Likes