"LOCK HIM UP!" A guy heckles the Trumpbot at Disney World's Hall of Presidents

Wait a minute, what was the point of living in the 21st Century then?

11 Likes
4 Likes

Patton Oswalt.

Oswald was the lucky rabbit created by WED and Ub Iwerks prior to Mickey.

Freudian slip?

3 Likes

That’s why I love u popo. I wish I knew you IRL! We’d have lots beers.

To troll Disney, someone could yell “LOCK HER UP!”

1 Like

Mainly disappointed in myself that I didn’t boo.

5 Likes

I don’t think Disneyland in California has utilidors. I think they’re only in Florida. (As far as the US is concerned.)

2 Likes

My sixth grade teacher worked security at Disneyland on weekends in the late '60s and early '70s, back when men over six feet in height weren’t very common in the US. He was in his late twenties or early thirties and had some illness (alopecia?) which left him completely hairless from what we could see - but back then male teachers wore suits and ties to school so we didn’t see very much of him. He was like a Mormon Mr Clean with no eyebrows.

He was physically large but a sweet, gentle guy, a real pussycat. He said one of the biggest problems they had to handle at the time was young folks getting drunk or high on various substances to enhance their experience of the Magic Kingdom, and behaving in an unsafe manner. There were also people who decided that going to Disneyland to protest the Vietnam War and the draft was an effective strategy. Admission at the gate was only two bucks back then - maybe they were right.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Hey! That’s my motto!!

1 Like

Social contracts are funny. When there is animatronics on a stage, most of us respond as if we were the audience of a live prerformance, even though mr Chuck E. Cheeze could not care less about wether we actually sing along or not. The show will go on no matter what you do.

Nobody goes “Hush” if you shout during Splash Mountain or Indiana Jones, so who is to say what the correct procedure when viewing a Trumpbot even is, -
unless the park actually start posting signs with “keep your arms and legs within your seat at all times and do not heckle the pseudo-waxworks” in spanish.

If we wanted to, we could turn this ride into the next Rocky Horror Picture show: Imagine a whole room shouting the same callbacks in synchronicity over the “nation defined by it’s people”-speech. All we really need to do is put the idea out there, post a few script ideas, and it will grow organically…

6 Likes

I think I finally realize what the robot really looks like me.

It looks like Peter Boyle, playing Frank Barone, dressed up as Donald Trump for Halloween.

then I went with a picture from Young Frankenstein because why not, Peter threw the groan into at least one episode of Everybody Loves Raymond.

2 Likes

“Not freaked out the kids”???

Every kid I know would join in and make a truly fun multigenerational rant chant.

1 Like

This should be happening every day, at at least one showing.

3 Likes

Of course, because you’re not being polite to the animatronics, you’re being a courteous fellow audience member who isn’t disrupting the show for everyone else by yelling at a robot.

Think about what it’d be like to watch the show and have some yokel yell racial epithets at the Obama animatronic (something I’ve experienced). You’d assume that someone insulting a robot is either very drunk or very stupid. Transpose that to Trumpbot and you have your answer.

…with the option of being chased by an animatronic electric chair singing “Be Our Guest”.

1 Like

The Imagineers1) should program all the other PrezBots to heckle the TrumpBot.

1) Do they still say that these days? I’m a bit out of touch.

5 Likes

uncanny valley squared

It could have been worse.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.