The Donald Trump droid is live at Disney World's Hall of Presidents

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/18/making-tracks-on-the-blue-ridg.html

4 Likes
15 Likes

Why would a robot for imitating trump need fluid movements and recorded anything? Trump moves like an old man since he is a geezer, and would absolutely deny that he ever said the recorded remarks anyway.

5 Likes

I think it’s important to show that Trump was probably the first president to publicly mock the disabled

giphy

21 Likes

Trump droid should be standing next to Kushner droid and talking to Mueller droid saying “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for”.

11 Likes

I’ll be very curious to see who the new narrator is and what the new “content” of the show is besides Trump. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they revised things to emphasize immigration and the progressive values of some of our past leaders.

3 Likes

dope him to the eyeballs with Valium-flavored Diet Coke

Probably wouldn’t be very effective, maybe Diet Coke flavored Valium would work better :wink:

2 Likes

“features the latest advances in technology that enable smoother and more lifelike movements”

They decided it was time for a non-lifelike representation?

2 Likes

Season two of Westworld writes itself.

14 Likes

I say if it is more articulate than the real one, we try to swap them out and see if people notice.

10 Likes

Training kids how to projectile vomit on target is key to this recent addition.

1 Like

This isn’t the droid I’m looking for!
Please let me go about my business!

1 Like

There is a philosophical conundrum here: can you really make an effigy of a puppet?
They recorded his voice, but who’s words will come out of his mouth?

trump_putin_hand_puppet

8 Likes

Im still stuck on the concept that they found something for him to say that was family friendly, didn’t poke fun at minorities, and didnt embarrass the Disney brand. That in itself seems a noteworthy accomplishment, never mind the wiz bang robotics!

3 Likes

Gentlemen and Ladies. You know what to do

14 Likes

Same here. Disney tends to be pretty progressive on social issues and very committed to the positive and optimistic American narrative, and the Imagineers are very clever when it comes to including subtle in-jokes. I’m sure they’ll “plus” the overall exhibit to offset the negative of having Il Douche there.

2 Likes

“Drain the swamp!” FLUSH!!!

3 Likes

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Even the conflicts of interest are life-like. Remarkable.

3 Likes

tumblr_p14k1moK7n1vfmb0jo1_540

7 Likes

trump robot maintenance engineer:

13811734-woman-holding-bolt-cutters

5 Likes